At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships. We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a self-starting professional Principal System Safety Engineer with experience of complex communications and information systems. You will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects for our diverse client portfolio under a hybrid working arrangements that best suit each client’s needs.
Responsibilities will include :
- Working with the Engineering Manager and key stakeholders to define the System Safety and Environmental Management Plan (S&EMP)
- Generate safety related work estimates for small, medium and large tasks and projects including detailed rationale
- Informing/reviewing system architectures and design for complex systems, ensuring the application of safety principles at a holistic system level
- Management, oversight and approval of safety engineering activities and artefacts produced by OEMs covering a mixture of software, hardware and firmware
- Collating and presenting system safety arguments to demonstrate compliance to standards as reflected within the associated system requirements set
- Completion of HAZOPS analysis and the application of ALARP principles
- Leading and supporting reviews with the client
- Generation of:
o System Safety Case Reports
o System Hazard Logs
o Preliminary Hazard Analysis Reports
o Functional Hazard Analysis Reports
o System Hazard Analysis Reports
o Operations and Support Hazard Analysis Reports
o Occupational Health Hazard Analysis Reports
- Reviewing and accepting safety, environmental and legislation requirements compliance from GFE, bespoke OEM generated and COTS based products
Here's What You'll Need:
- Experience of producing safety and environmental artefacts and executing processes in accordance with Def Stan 00-055, Def Stan 00-056, Def Stan 00-051, and Def Stan 00-035 or associated/equivalent standards
- Demonstrable experience of generating compelling system safety arguments, preferably within a Defence related industry
- Experience in the generation of safety requirements for a system encompassing both software and hardware elements and obtaining subsequent acceptance of those requirements
- Conducting and documenting HAZOPS analysis and the application of ALARP principles to a system
- Experience managing and assessing product safety assessments and extrapolating an associated system safety position
- Experience of legislation associated with safety and environmental principles and their application in the delivery of complex systems
- Good written and oral skills
We are looking for people to Join our team that posses the following skills:
o Strategic mindset
o Active listener
o Good Communications
o Team Player
- Many years of relevant experience, with proven success in project delivery
- Hold current minimum BPSS clearance (will require to qualify for SC clearance)
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.
Primary Location:United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-Cardiff-UK Cardiff
Job Posting:Jun 27, 2022, 11:57:26 AM
Churchill HouseChurchill Way