SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Job DescriptionStaff Accountant, Loan Operations
Location: Windsor, CT / Hybrid
Overview:SS&C Institutional Outsourcing, a division of SS&C Technologies, Inc., is an investment processing service group that provides middle and office operations, accounting and reporting support to Asset Management, Insurance, Pension, Wealth Management, nonbank lenders, and mortgage REIT clients. SS&C is searching for a staff loan administrator with experience in the commercial loan industry.
Staff Loan Accountant responsibilities include performing loan servicing functions on assigned commercial and mortgage loan portfolios. The Individual will be responsible for uploading loan onto SS&C’s loan servicing software, process loan payment, generate billing statement, process escrow disbursement, generate payoff letter and handle loan inquiries from both loan borrower and client. Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform daily and monthly loan servicing processes, loan balance / GL reconciliation, and reporting functions.
- Upload newly originated / purchased loan onto SS&C loan servicing software and send welcome package to borrower.
- Generate various loan notices such as billing statement, maturity notice, late payment notice, payoff statement, etc.
- Process loan cash transactions such as payment processing, loan payoff, escrow disbursement, investor sale, etc.
- Monitor upcoming water / Real Estate taxes on escrowed loans, and report tax delinquencies on non-escrowed loan to client.
- Reconcile daily / monthly GL transactions to ensure all loan transactions are processed and recorded accordingly.
- Monitor cash account and reconcile loan payment received from borrower.
- Produce month end servicing reports and any other ad hoc management reports as requested by client
- Perform critical self-review of work product prior to submission to client and/or supervisor.
- Contribute to other ad hoc inquiries and assist on internal projects.
- Liaise with clients and internal contacts on a day to day basis.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar field
- 1-2 years’ experience in commercial and mortgage loan administration or equivalent work experience in the loan servicing industry
- Self-starter and ability to work independently to meet daily / monthly deliverable
- Ability to identify processing issue and formulate resolution
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Strong ability to communicate professionally with internal / external contacts.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to remain highly organized in a deadline driven environment while maintaining strict attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel
Why SS&C?Working at SS&C is balanced and fair – especially in challenging times. We offer flexible work schedules, time off, and so much more to keep you healthy, safe, and productive. SS&C offers:
- Hybrid Schedule featuring 4-6 days in the office monthly combined with working from home
- Competitive base salary plus EXCELLENT benefits (including medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD and more)!
- 401k Matching Program
- Global Flexible Time Off Policy (personal/vacation time)
- Sick Leave Policy
- Ten company-paid holidays in a full calendar year
- Eligible for performance-based bonus program
- Tuition Reimbursement up to 70% and Professional Development up to 100%
- Charitable Matching Program
- Business Casual dress code (includes jeans)
- Exposure to many key business groups within the company, including regular interaction with senior management and opportunities for advancement
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.