PLYO Lab is a small growth studio founded by Kwadwo Adu, with the purpose of helping businesses uncover opportunities for growth. We have worked with clients like Danske Spil, Prehype, Novoresume, Syd Energi and many more.
Our aim is to help companies achieve their growth potential by improving their presence in the digital wilderness of unlimited data and countless opportunities. Rather than spending months building big concepts, we test ideas fast and use the insights to reach the goals set.
In our daily work we are very focused on automating workflows, meaning that if we need to do things more than once, we automate them to keep the repetitive work out of the way and so that we can use our time on fun things.
We embrace "learning by doing", so we rather put something out in the open, see how it resonates and then iterate fast.
An introduction to what we are looking for
We are searching for a passionate front-end developer who likes to build things by creating the foundation and stitching together a solution with APIs, open-source libraries, etc.
The right person will be joining PLYO to build Minimum Viable Products, Iterate and stitch solutions together from open-source libraries, API, etc. You will be our first front-end developer, working on automating big parts of the company. We have a lot of ideas, and now need an extra talent who can take responsibility for catching the ideas and bring them to life.
What your week could look like
Your week will start by researching technologies, API documentation and Reddit threads to figure out how to build a prototype for our internal tool Project X.
Mapping out a plan on how to execute the project and learning how things are done today. Next, you will start building the prototype, sharing your progress with our small team to get feedback.
By the end of the week, you will deep dive into Sublime, Atom or similar before presenting an MVP of the solution to our small team. Ending the day with some music, a 'learnings of the week' reflection session and preparing next week.
This is the personality and skills we're looking for
- Ability to stitch together solutions by using other tools and services ≈ No need to build everything from scratch.
- Takes an active interest in opportunities to automate the business.
- Critical thinking and the ability to identify problems or opportunities for improvement and proactively propose and pursue solutions.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Understanding of SEO principles.
- Love using API's
- And most importantly — we don't expect you to be an expert in all of the above, but you should have the willingness and drive to learn while having fun and being part of a team.
Peaks and Benefits
- Flexible working hours
- A central office in Copenhagen
- Skill development to boost your future CV
- Near public transit, metro and busses
- Unpaid internship
- Possibility to work remote
If this spiked your curiosity then feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0045 2883 1010.