Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Austin, TX Sciences Group as an Environmental Construction Inspector.
- Under direction, applies full competency in conventional scientific solutions related to functional area of assignment and broad knowledge of precedents in specialty area. Plans and coordinates scientific work related to detailed phases of a major project. Ability to review and report on construction contractor's compliance with environmental
- commitments at a transportation construction site including compliance with Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans, hazardous materials, Section 401 and 404 requirements, Endangered Species Act, and other TxDOT established environmental commitments. Ability to review NEPA documents and permits for environmental commitments and evaluate compliance of construction contractor actions.
- Conducts daily field inspections of construction contractor for compliance at construction sites and submit reports on noncompliance to owner.
- Participates in problem-solving discussions to improve compliance.
- Performs work which involves conventional practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting requirements, unsuitability of
- conventional materials or procedures, or difficult coordination requirements.
- Serves as an in-field point of contact for clients, subcontractors, agencies and various other parties.
- Conduct natural resource field investigations, including but not limited to identification of waters of the United States, including wetland delineations; threatened and endangered species coordination; habitat evaluations; construction monitoring; stormwater and erosion control monitoring and compliance; soil/water sampling; data entry, processing, and interpretation. May support presence/absence surveys, specimen collection and handling; and environmental report preparation.
- Familiarity with Edwards Aquifer Rules.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.A./B.S. or M.S. in a field of Science, ex: (environmental science or management, forestry, biology, geology, or similar degree) to commensurate with hiring discipline. This level may be achieved by Scientists with minimum five years experience since Bachelor's degree or four years experience with Master's degree; typical incumbent has six to seven years' experience.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, technical writing, computer and communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret constructions drawings and maintains field notes and other
- collected data in an organized and useful fashion to meet and safeguard project objectives.
- Effectively communicate the results of studies performed to supervisory and project management staff.
- Prior work experience at construction sites.
- Must hold TxDOT precertification 11.4.1 and have completed TxDOT Construction Inspector coursework.
- CESSWI preferred.
- Local travel and field work will be required.
- The incumbent must be legally able to operate a motor vehicle and satisfy requirements to drive a company vehicle.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.