Job DescriptionAs a participating host organization of SGUnited Traineeships Programme, Zendesk is offering traineeship opportunities for driven individuals to join the Chat Platform Team.
The team is currently focused on a major project that fundamentally re-architects Zendesk Chat backend. As a Software Engineer trainee, you will be part of our amazing journey to transform Zendesk Chat into a more scalable, reliable and globally distributed offering. This long-term project cuts across every facet of the product and presents tremendous growth opportunities. If you are up for the challenge, you will obtain a deep understanding of the entire backend code and infrastructure of Zendesk Chat and gain real-world experience with scalable and popular technologies. Additionally, you will be part of a team spearheading the adoption of the best practices.
What you get to do every day
- contribute to technical solutions to address the challenges that the team is facing,
- communicate with various stakeholders, both internal and external,
- build proofs-of-concept to experiment and validate exploratory designs,
- ensure scalability, performance, maintainability and security of the technical platform in collaboration with Ops teams,
- actively participate in full-stack coding, reviewing pull requests and testing,
- develop with reliability and security in mind, ensure minimal disruption to customers,
- be familiar with of operation, contribute to our quest to operational excellence,
- contribute to better working practices across Zendesk.
What you get to learn
- Programming languages: Java, Python, NodeJS, Golang
- Network technologies: Nginx, Envoy
- Datastores: Aurora, ElasticSearch
- Other technologies: Kubernetes, Linux, Kafka, Docker, Jenkins
How you will make a difference
- You have a strong interest in programming and are willing to pick up new knowledge in a fast paced environment.
- You work well in a collaborative environment, actively learning from others and contributing to make the team better.
- You show a mature and pragmatic approach when choosing technologies.
- You have strong communication skills: you raise your voice when needed, and are also open to listening to opposing points of view.
- You put the customer first and respect your commitment to deliver.
- Personal projects, collaboration to open-source community or active learning initiatives would be a good sign of your passion to learn and solve problems.
- You can relax and have fun!
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to fosterin the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.