CEVT is here to make urban mobility enjoyable, smart and sustainable. We fast-track innovation and transform ideas into pioneering technology solutions. Automotive is in our DNA and intelligent mobility is our core. We serve society with sustainable mobility solutions, both private and shared. As part of ZEEKR and the Geely family, one of the most innovative and fastest growing global mobility groups, our work comes to life in products and services from world-leading brands. CEVT was built by people from all over the world. We’re flexible, fast, and always in motion.
Master Thesis Project - Quality-of-Service for Vehicle-to-Cloud connection
Subject: State-of-the Art and Definition of QoS for Vehicle-to-Cloud connection.
A vehicle needs to momentarily be aware of the available QoS for the connection to the cloud in order to use the feasible Operational Level of each of the services executed in the cloud. Therefore the term QoS for the three parts involving vehicle, communication and cloud must have an accurate definition.
The SotA study and the QoS work tasks are the primary tasks in this thesis work and will also be part of, and finalized in, a planned Vinnova project in which the results from this thesis will be integrated. As secondary tasks in this thesis are including definitions of the operational service levels and the corresponding requirements to fulfill them and to define method for collecting the information needed to identify the current QoS level available for the vehicle.
Primary work tasks:
- Finding scientific sources of information related to QoS for vehicle connected to cloud with the agreed conditions and limitations as a part of this work.
- Development of alternative definitions of QoS.
Secondary work tasks:
- Definition of operational service levels.
- Definition of methods used by the vehicle for identification of QoS levels.
The available results from these tasks will be input to the Vinnova project where these alternatives will be evaluated further.
- Knowledge in data communication especially in vehicles and cloud.
- Understanding of service orientation and microservices in vehicles and cloud.
- Able to work independently and cooperatively.
- Close cooperation with the planned Vinnova project 'Quality-of-Service for Vehicle-to-Cloud connection'.
- Future Master of Data or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
Number of students: 1, please apply with CV and cover letter.
Starting date: January 2023. The duration of the thesis work is 20 weeks
For more information about the master thesis project please contact:
Thomas Söderqvist, Electrical Architecture Expert, +46729802027, [email protected]
Last application date: 2022-10-28
Apply today. We will perform ongoing selection during the application period. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that due to GDPR regulations we can only accept applications sent through the recruitment system, not via email or other channels.