SOX Compliance Analyst - GroupM EMEA
Finance | London, England, United Kingdom
The role provides access to multiple stakeholders within the wider WPP Group.This role requires working with WPP Internal Audit and other internal and external auditors.
This is a challenging role with multiple deliverables and priorities which requires the successful candidate to have fast learning skills. Ability to see the process gaps and attention to detail are the key characteristics of the role, while the project management skills are required to effectively manage multiple audits.
KEY COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working with the markets to facilitate the internal control design and implementation throughout the region.
- Work with Internal Audit on SOX audit scoping and planning activities.
- Facilitate the market preparation for SOX audit and coordination with the auditors.
- Participate in closing meetings and drive issue resolution, including review of management responses.
- Facilitate management response and reporting to Internal Audit at Head Office.
- Follow up on remediation action plans for issues raised during the SOX audits.
- Coordinate the SOX self-certification process across the operating companies in the region.
- Ownership and administration of compliance systems at the regional level.
- Review of internal control matrices across the markets and facilitate in their development.
- Assisting in SOX results reporting to HQ and regional management.
- Assisting in ad hoc market compliance reviews.
KEY SOX RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor the annual and quarterly compliance certifications submitted from across the region.
- Coordinate the annual Business Risk map submissions for the region.
- Perform periodic regional monitoring of the Gift and Hospitality system.
- Perform regional quarterly monitoring procedures.
- Work on developing and documenting new processes and procedures across the region and at the regional level.
- Assist group companies with global policy implementation and problem solving.
- Assisting local markets with issue resolution.
- Liaise with IT Compliance support when users experience technical issues with the compliance tools.
- Review of conflict of interest reported
- Ad hoc compliance activities arising elsewhere in the region.
COMPETENCES / SKILLS:
- Experience in internal and/or external audit.
- Project management skills (e.g. organisation of multiple tasks, managing time and priorities, respect deadlines, etc.)
- Analytical skills to understand and document processes.
- Ability to operate within a multicultural environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly with wide audience.
- Ability to develop, maintain and strengthen business relationships with management at all levels.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and finance principles is a plus.
- Strong MS Excel skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and often pressurised environment with strict deadlines.
- Multiple languages is a plus.
GroupM, part of WPP, is the leading global media investment management operation serving as the parent company to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MEC, MediaCom and Maxus, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivalled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people. Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com.
GroupM is an equal opportunities employer.
« to Current Openings