Lab1886, Daimler AGs innovation lab, has been searching for, and piloting, new business models since 2007, focusing these efforts around the existing products and services within the Daimler portfolio. Such innovations include new, market altering mobility services, as well as expansions of our existing service portfolio. car2go, Mercedes-Benz Driving Academy, moovel and Mercedes-Benz Rent are just a handful of examples of the innovative ventures that support Daimlers transition towards new markets in order to create and maintain further growth and profitability.
At Lab1886, you will have the opportunity to develop and pilot new concepts in the field of mobility, whilst also supporting national and international projects as they progress through their incubation phase. The labs work is strongly shaped by the spirit of innovation, a high level of commitment, personal responsibility and a broad range of topics supporting multiple business units.
What can you expect?
- Lab1886 combines the best of both worlds, the experience and support of a global organisation, whilst maintaining the freedom and flexibility associated with a start-up
- Strong team spirit based on honest feedback and the courage to try new things
- The opportunity to help shape the future of mobility by developing new Connected, Autonomous, Shared & Services and Electric (CASE) business models
- An international and dynamic department
- Responsibility for varied and exciting tasks
- Participation in the development and implementation of new products and services
- A glimpse into international project management at Daimler
- A flat hierarchy
Your duties will include:
- Design of user interfaces for digital products and services around automated trucks and other automotive applications, including concept development, information architecture, data visualization, interaction patterns and design language
- Prototyping and evaluation of the desired appearance, experience and its usability
- Support front-end implementation from the selection of UI libraries and creation of assets to step into CSS
- Support the development of the product from the user perspective: user research, personas, customer journeys, visualizations, etc.
- Develop new products and business models for the automotive sector together with developers, data scientists and other experts
Studies: Masters program in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction or similar
Language skills: Very good communication skills and proficiency in English and German
Soft skills: Self-motivation and dedication, teamwork, organisational and coordination skills, adaptability within a rapidly changing environment
This is a full-time job
It doesnt work completely without formalities. When sending your online application, please attach your CV, certificate of enrollment, current performance record, relevant certificates, if applicable proof of mandatory internship and the standard period of study (max. 6 MB).
Citizens of countries outside the European Trade Union please send, if applicable, your residence / work permit.
We particularly welcome online applications from candidates with disabilities or similar impairments in direct response to this job advertisement.
If you have any questions, you can contact the local disability officer once you have submitted your application form, who will gladly assist you in the onward application process: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please understand that we no longer accept paper applications and that there is no right to get your documents returned.
Contact HR: HR Services, Phone: 0711/17-99533.
Field of activity:Corporate planning/strategy
DepartmentLab1886 PMO & Validation