Bellevue, Washington, United States
- Job number 605885
- Date posted Jun 19, 2019
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Engineering
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
AI + Research & Bing work to make AI accessible to every individual and organization. Our goal is to augment and amplify human ingenuity with intelligent technology and services by infusing AI in everything we do - and we do this using a thoughtful approach when designing AI systems that extend and empower human capabilities in all aspects of life.
Be a part of a team of designers, researchers, developers passionate about defining the forefront of AI for Microsoft's search products and services. As a Product Designer within AI + Research & Bing Studio, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from working with ethnographic experience researchers to expression and exploration in motion and prototypes, collaborating cross-functionally with major internal teams. You will be responsible for co-creating and standards crafting the final pixel perfect expression for our visual and interaction patterns. Join us on our journey into unknown surfaces, unexplored, and ambiguous, initiatives targeted at hard and meaningful real people problems.
As a member of the team, the successful candidate should have strong, focused experience in Graphic Design and Interaction Design with a thorough understanding of design principals and typography. You will be expected to work in a cross-discipline diverse and inclusive team environment to collaborate on experience design, visual systems, scenario development, interaction patterns, and engagement/audience strategies.
This position is full-time and based in Bellevue with travel 5% of the year.
- Work alongside design leads, lead program managers, research scientists, and senior product engineering taking breakthrough ideas and turning them into human and meaningful product experiences.
- Contribute to defining and developing user journeys and interaction patterns for new Search & AI technologies and experiences across multiple surfaces.
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple, elegant, humanistic.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with studio leadership, product and executive teams.
- Work collaboratively in cross-functional team design sprints with members outside of the AI + Research & Bing Studio across Microsoft.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality, fit and finish.
- Inspire, and work side-by-side with a diverse team of product and communication designers, design engineering, producers, UX researchers, contributing to platform-wide experiences incorporating AI, supporting the vision and roadmap from conception until release (and then some).
- 6+ years of industry experience.
- Demonstrate an unwavering ability to stare ambiguity straight in the face and chart a course to create, innovate, with a stark white blank canvas.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have a strong focused experience in Graphic Design and Interaction Design with a thorough understanding of design principals and typography.
- Drive a strong sense of empathy both personally and with teams using tools such as quantitative and qualitative data, user research, trends analysis, and keen observational skills.
- Ability to work with little initial direction, proactively communicating far and wide ensuring transparency and visibility.
- Professional experience in OS & Platforms, Human User Interface Guidelines, Hardware, Services, IoT & Connected Life Experiences, and related design disciplines (Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Architecture, Content Strategy).
- Recent use and knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and Artificial General Intelligence, a plus.
- Ability to operate at a high level around product strategy and vision.
- Must have a portfolio featuring platform-wide systems design.
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design (examples of hybrid brand and UX, UX and UI, UX and ID, CMF and UI, UX and Content Strategy).
- Experience designing for diverse groups of people highly desirable (international audiences, multi-language localization, inclusive design and accessibility for people with challenges, etc.).
- Passion for new, emerging technologies such as AGI, Human Conversational Interfaces.
- Willingness to adopt new tools and workflows.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.