Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
- Job number 601046
- Date posted Mar 26, 2019
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Services
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Looking to join an exciting industry and organization that is at the forefront of the next Tech industry transformation? The transformation that is occurring within the tech industry is being accelerated by the maturity and rapid adoption of cloud computing. This rapid adoption across organizations is changing the needs and expectations of customers in the partnership with their vendors.
If you enjoy using technology creatively, overcoming complex technical challenges, and working as part of a team with some of the best people in the industry, then CSS is the place for you. Come join an organization that supports work-life balance, personal & professional development, and diversity.
ResponsibilitiesWe provide Intune support for the most critical enterprise customers. We are looking for true technical leaders to join us and lead the way! We are looking for engineers who are relentlessly customer-centric, problem-solvers, strong collaborators, and risk-takers that embrace that challenger mindset. We’re looking for someone who embodies customer obsession and empathy. Someone who is adept at getting to the root of the issue, regardless of where the code base resides. Beyond troubleshooting complex technical problems and managing critical situations, the candidate should be passionate of driving bigger impacts – being increasing customer values, improving diagnostic tools and/or driving product feedback.
The Support Engineer’s primary responsibilities include:
- Ability to quickly identify customer issues and being able to conduct in-depth diagnostics on Intune product and services representing Microsoft, communicating with enterprise customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service regarding technically problems identified in Microsoft software products and manage relationships with those customers. Frequently, these problems will not only be technically complex, but will be politically charged situations requiring the highest level of customer skill.
- Ability to constantly be learning as the product evolves continually.
- Be able to work and collaborate with internal teams including engineering group effectively.
- Research unchartered and undocumented areas. It is a plus for the ideal candidate if it is someone that has a passion for coding and enjoys occasionally writing code in efforts to understand. Familiarity of compiling and development environments would be great.
EducationB.S. degree in C.S. or E.E. or equivalent MCSE + I/ MCSD / MCDBA (preferred Graduate degree in C.S. or E.E. or equivalent)
Required Qualifications:2+ years of strong technical troubleshooting experience with demonstrated problem solving skills
2+ years industry experience in technical customer support
Proven capability to learn new technologies/products and Capable of independently researching undocumented processes and issues
2+ years of experience in enterprise customer service environments
Understanding of TCP/IP, including CIDR, routing and DNS.
Understanding of HTTP/HTTPS, including the ability to capture and interpret Fiddler traces.
2+ years' experience in Microsoft Cloud (O365 or Azure)
2+ year’s industry experience with Cloud Identity (Azure Active Directory)
2+ years industry experience with Mobile Device Management and Mobile Application Management, including Intune or third-party solutions
2+ years of working knowledge of System Center Configuration manager or system management
Strong knowledge of mobile operating systems
Preferred Technical Qualifications:Identity
- Working knowledge of ADFS
- Active Directory concepts such as Kerberos, LDAP, Certificates and Security Groups.
- Working knowledge of Secure Token Services (ADFS or similar)
- Experience with network connectivity
- Knowledge of Cloud Identity (Azure Active Directory, AAD Sync, Role-based access control)
- Programming background in PowerShell, C#, Java
- Background in relational databases such as SQL
- Familiar with Visual Studio or some other IDE
- Debugging skills, aware of the concepts of a stack, crash and able to review and understand code flow
- Working knowledge or networking with clear understanding of TCP/IP, including CIDR, routing and DNS; understanding of HTTP/HTTPS, including the ability to capture and interpret Fiddler traces.
- Familiarity with networking tools like ping, nslookup
- Understanding of proxy servers, firewalls and VPN.
- Understanding of 3rd party VPN solutions
- Exchange on-premises and/or Exchange Online.
- Experience with troubleshooting and configuring mobile device email connectivity.
- Knowledge of the Exchange ActiveSync communication protocol and mobile device mailbox policies.
- Familiarity with Exchange Hybrid.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.