Taipei, Taipei City, Taiwan
- Job number 598255
- Date posted Mar 13, 2019
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Engineering
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Microsoft’s vision is to democratize AI to enable every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. In Taiwan, the Microsoft AI R&D Center is working on various projects to foster the application of AI in local industries and address the challenges our customers face. In particular, the Computer Vision team in the AI R&D Center is driving the research and development of various computer vision solutions, including document image understanding, face recognition, and more.
We strive to build the best cross-platform solutions by leveraging deep learning and the cloud. Through the use of AI, we aim to not only reduce the cost of various enterprise scenarios, but also improve multiple consumer user experiences.
Come join a creative team of engineers dedicated to the fundamentals and yet not afraid to dream big! We are looking for talented people who love to develop new technologies that can be deployed to millions of users worldwide. That’s what inspires us, drives our work, and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day.
ResponsibilitiesIn this role, you will
- Collaborate with groups across Microsoft as well as with external partners to create innovative applications and solutions
- Deliver performant code across multiple platforms and release high-quality applications on time
- Provide strong technical leadership in turning ideas into software and services, from architecture, design, implementation, to telemetry
- Develop testing, evaluation, automation and telemetry data to track and ensure quality
- B.S. degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
- Strong experience working with modern C++/C# and an interest to learn and adopt new language features
- Excellent problem solving, design, coding and debugging skills
- Ability to understand and navigate a large new code base
- Ability to work effectively on both individual and large scale projects
- Strong communication, problem solving and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with Azure/AWS infrastructure and services, cloud computing, container technology and/or operating system internals is a big plus
- Experience developing APIs and client facing libraries (SDKs) is a plus
- Software engineering experience shipping customer-facing products
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.