When you join Daimler, you become an agent of change within our global community of people working to create a cleaner, safer, and more efficient world for today and tomorrow. Through innovation at all levels, our teams ensure our world-changing brands continue to increase the quality of life and the business success of our customers, their customers, and the world around them. The Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) brand portfolio is second to none, and includes Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Detroit engines and components, Thomas Built Buses and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
We are the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market and the industry’s technology trendsetter. Empowered by purpose, DTNA employees drive a Technology Revolution through innovative products and a customer-centric culture. Our dedication to our customers and society does not end once our products hit the road. That’s because we believe that business success and social responsibility go hand in hand. We immerse ourselves in our customer’s experience, and support the environmental responsibilities of our sites to ensure our products are the reliable, sustainable and the desired tools of the future.
Mechatronics combines mechanical and controls engineering, software design, electronics hardware, sensors, and electrical harnesses to ensure the safest most technically advanced trucks on the roads. Within Mechatronics, members of the architecture team are true commercial vehicle engineers, owners of mechatronics technical roadmap, liaisons between feature owners and the trucking industry to ensure seamless feature integration, homogenously across vehicle platforms
- Sales/Marketing/Engineering platform management interface for major projects to define scope and dictate architecture for a given project.
- Major task include; Product Definition review, new feature assignment, mapping, and partitioning, and architectural impact.
- Owner of one of the following CAN (controller area network) Buses; J1939 500k, J1939 250k, Diagnostic, Cabin, or Chassis CAN.
- Ownership entails the development of specification for the CAN, creation and release of physical wiring, charts and bills for all product lines.
- The creation and maintenance of the Vehicle Messaging Matrix (VMM) through the use and administration of X-tools.
- Active member of the global VMM networking group and participation within SAE’s networking committee.
- Hardware in the loop (HIL) and product validation engineering (PVE) interface for major projects including; Technical liaison between integration testing/vehicle build-up and feature owner.
- Coordinating features between ECUS, Owner of the global feature list, Component Maturity Owner.
- Global member of the next generation electrical architecture team.
- Team member will be responsible for introducing both Ethernet and CAN FD into our vehicle platforms, ECU placements within a Domain, and the creation of an ethernet test bench and the creation of use cases.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university/college with 3+ years of related experience required
- An attached resume is required
- CAN Protocols and Tools required.
- Matlab, Feature Modeling, and rapid prototyping hardware to ensure features specification are well documented and accurate preferred.
- Successful experience overseeing projects that interface with multiple engineering disciplines required.
- Ability to understand, analyze, and troubleshoot vehicle electrical systems required.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills required.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application
Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.
Field of activity:Research and Development incl. Design
DepartmentPE Mechatr. Systems Integr. - Architecture Trucks NAFTA