Arup’s Transport Technical Due Diligence team is growing and has the opportunity for an experienced Senior Consultant to support the delivery of assignments as a project manager and manage junior team members, support client relationships, the winning of new work and generally support the delivery of a continued growth strategy.
The RoleYou will be responsible for the day to day running of projects and advising clients on the technical, commercial and operational issues in relation to aviation and wider assets and infrastructure. You will also coordinate the production of technical due diligence reports, ensuring consistency and quality.
In addition, you will support other experts within and outside the organisation on complex issues, and in some circumstances supporting the management of sub-contractor arrangements.
You will also meet with clients, with senior level support, to present findings on projects and on a business-development basis to discuss new opportunities and support strong relationships with existing and new clients.
The role is likely to involve short overseas business travel (mainly Europe).
The TeamYou would fit into an established and award-winning team based in London, Solihull and Manchester, working on a range of UK and international assignments in the infrastructure sector, covering transport projects and assets, with a focus on aviation. There would also be the opportunity to advise on projects in other sectors where we have an established capability, but the focus will be transport and specifically aviation.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Degree and Chartered qualification in a relevant profession, transport specialism preferable
- Demonstrable track record of successfully delivering several aviation and transport due diligence projects
- A broad and sound technical understanding in the aviation sector with experience of working with infrastructure investors, lenders, international finance corporations and financial advisors.
- Ability to demonstrate good general commercial, economic and regulatory understanding in the relevant sector
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, as is the ability to interpret and convey complex technical issues in simple form
- Experience in managing junior team members and co-ordinating delivery of workstreams to tight deadlines
- Experience working in a leading engineering consultancy firm, accountancy firm, or other specialist transport consultancy
Our CompanyArup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Shape your time with usHow can we best work with you? Whether you’re a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle, it’s not always easy to commit to standard working hours. At Arup you have access to a range of flexible working options – including flexible start and finish times, working from home or working part-time. If you're interested in any of these options, please let us know when you apply, and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.
Reward and BenefitsWe offer one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits including private healthcare and a range of other protection schemes are funded by Arup and made available to all permanent staff to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a Flexible Benefits Fund, available to spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to compliment your work/life balance and financial security.
All permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules, employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on our financial performance.
The vacancy is being managed by Jamie Harris
Closing Date: 20/04/2018