A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 14,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
Our Melbourne team is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to join the team and work on interesting and high-end projects.
About the role
- In this role, you will take responsibility for checking the quality and accuracy of own and others work, including guidance and development of staff:
- You will lead or contribute to electrical design for a range of projects, providing design calculations, drawings and specifications with a focus on quality
- You will utilize strong written communication skills to prepare project related correspondence and reports, including project management of smaller projects
- You will support the firm’s compliance in maintaining ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 requirement
- You will complete concept and detailed design in electrical engineering as a part of multi-disciplinary teams
- You will participate in the review, supervision, and development of technical skills within the team
- You will provide your technical input on a broad range of high projects, across multiple sectors.
- You will also support business development-related activities with new and existing clients
About youYou will currently be working as an experienced Electrical Engineer with a recognised tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering or similar area and Chartership with Engineers Australia, or other equivalent professional institution. You will also have:
- Several years of design experience in the field of electrical engineering
- Experience supporting business development-related activities with new and existing clients;
- Experience building relationships with existing key clients to enable an expansion of business opportunities for the MEP team;
- Ability to prepare and deliver detailed tender submissions and presentations.
- Experience preparing project reports for clients summarising key issues and strategically advising on best outcomes;
- Ability to independently undertake project and technical analyses, and report on results;
- Experience in managing key smaller and medium sized projects, including the supervision of multi-disciplinary project teams where appropriate.
- Comfortable in client facing role, dealing with clients in a professional and confident manner
- Enjoy working as part of a team and making a difference.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
Take advantage of Arup’s flexible working culture to set and drive your agenda; we are open to candidates seeking a more flexible working week, including part-time/reduced hours.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply Now” to submit your online application.