Project Engineer – Electrical
We currently have a requirement for a Project Engineer - Electrical to join our growing Building Services Group.Based in our Cork office, the ideal candidate will be looking to further their career and gain invaluable experience in Building Services within an established consultancy with a friendly office environment.This is a permanent role and offers the successful candidate long-term opportunities for career development.
The successful candidate will be involved in a diverse and challenging range of design projects including commercial, industrial, retail, leisure and educational commissions.
- Degree in Electrical Services engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Commenced or close to achieving chartership
- Minimum of 4 years relevant post-qualification experience, most of which will be in design gained within a consultancy environment
- Proven team player
- Organised and adaptable with a flexible approach to work
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Report writing skills
- Experience in electrical design packages
- Has worked with Navis works, Revit and has an awareness of BIM
- Knowledge of scripting an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Responsibilities will include:
- Designing and reviewing design work of junior engineers
- Completing calculations
- Project delivery within time constraints
- Compilation of Specifications for Electrical Services and Installations
- Ensuring full co-ordination between different disciplines, specifications and drawings
- Compiling project reports
- Conceptual design studies and reports
- Training and professional development of junior engineers working as part of group
- Attendance at meetings
With our commitment to training and development, and our CPD accreditation from the Institution of Engineers of Ireland you can expect to build on your experience and skills in a supportive and challenging environment.
We are open to candidates seeking a more flexible working week including flexible start/finish times, planned working from home and offer the ability to purchase additional leave. We offer a flexible Friday scheme.
We offer a generous reward package which includes salary, benefits and twice annual profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We actively support diversity and inclusion in our workforce. We are also a certified CPD employer with Engineers Ireland. In 2016, we received the Business Working Responsibly Mark from Business in the Community Ireland, recognising our sustainable business practices.