Job Description - Benefits Analyst (19WD33812)
Location: Montreal- Canada
Job ID: 19WD33812
Position OverviewThe Benefits Analyst will support the implementation and maintenance of benefits and compensation programs across Canada and in conjunction with the global teams, monitor and evaluate our programs against value for money, trends, legislation and best practice within the Technology sector.
The role, responsibilities and geographical focus may change and develop over time along with the company's rapid growth.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate needs to have a thorough understanding of Benefits programs in Canada, be able to work on multiple projects on an ongoing basis, be extremely diligent about details, deadlines, and documentation, work independently, and be flexible and open to challenges.
This role may also have some responsibilities supporting the compensation function, so an understanding of compensation practices is desirable but not essential. This role will report to the Director, Global Benefits. There may be opportunities to work on other global and regional benefits and compensation projects.
- Provide support and assistance with reviewing the Canada benefits programs annually and on an as needed basis
- Conduct research, such as benchmarking, insurance renewals, new country information and compliance with legislative requirements
- Assist with addressing benefit gaps and trends, specific to Canada, conducting analysis, as needed, and making recommendations
- Work with broker to handle vendor renewals, as well as interfacing with providers and vendors for responses to questions and issue resolution
- On an ongoing basis, review current processes, make recommendations for efficiencies, and communicate and implement improvements
- Document benefits, vendors, brokers, etc.
- Partner with local HR to design and deliver Canada benefits communications, as needed
- Escalation support for finance-related queries such as Purchase Order processing and invoice payment
- Support internal systems for benefits (AskHR, Workday, Thomsons, Ariba, etc.)
- Partner with HR Advisors, HR Managers and payroll representatives to understand and enforce legal compliance and impact of legislative changes on existing programs
- Provide support to the Compensation team by:
- Assist with supporting the company's remuneration programs
- Provide assistance with reviewing wide range of relevant compensation data to ensure company's remuneration policies are competitive
- Contribute company data to compensation surveys
- Assist with salary structure maintenance
- Demonstrable Benefits experience supporting Canada, preferably experience in a benefits analyst role in a high tech, multi-national company
- Understanding of compensation practices is desirable but not essential
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, able to present data and recommendations in an easy to understand, organised and logical manner
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Exceptional customer service, written and verbal communication skills
- Good team player and willing to get involved in new projects
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Self-motivated with a strong focus on high quality performance
- Strong program and vendor management experience
- Experience with an on-line benefits tool (e.g. Thomsons) would be ideal but not essential
- Previous HR generalist experience would be beneficial but not essential to be considered for this role
- Excellent computer skills – proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- College degree or equivalent experience in HR
- Fluency in French and English is a plus
About AutodeskWith Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It's disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.