Job Description - Backend Engineer (19WD33986)
Backend Engineer19WD33986Americas-United States of America-All Regions-All Cities
Location: San Francisco, CA- United States
Job ID: 19WD33986
Position OverviewWe’re looking for Backend Engineers for our team. We are looking for individuals with a track record of success when working on deeply technical problems. We recognize that diversity is a critical part of being an innovative company—diverse perspectives and different backgrounds are the key ingredients to building the best products. From Hudson Yards to Levi’s Stadium, our customers build some of the most amazing construction projectson the planet. PlanGrid is spearheading the industry’s transformation to the cloud and digitization by arming construction workers with the best productivity tools. You’ll work with top-tier design and QA teams to build flexible solutions that allow customers to manage their data throughout the lifecycle of their construction projects.We are also open to remote engineers!
- Database and migration management for new and existing features
- API design and implementation, both internal and external facing
- Implementation and maintenance of business logic for new and existing features
- Proficient in at least one programming language (Python, Java, C, etc.)
- Have a technical undergraduate degree or higher (CS, Math, Engineering, etc.)
- Have a strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, theory basics, etc.)
- Feel at home using a *nix shell and common system utilities (ssh, grep, xargs, tail, ps, etc.)
- Experience with
- REST API and library design
- Database design and optimization
- Asynchronous processing and infrastructure
- Advanced image processing/optimization
- Performance analysis across distributed systems
- Refactoring and re-architecting to support new models and paradigms
The Ideal Candidate
- A strong sense of ownership: You strive for deep understanding, build the appropriate solution to get the job done, and iterate quickly to deliver high impact results
- Pride over everything you ship: You would never release code until you’re confident it provides real value to customers
- Love for building elegant, maintainable code: Abstracting and refactoring should be a passion, not a chore
- Customer empathy: You have a high degree of customer empathy and drive to understand users’ pain points. You strive to frame problems using the best conceptual models
- A team mentality: You recognize that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, appreciate collaboration, and play a key role to make the company win
- Pragmatism: You consider the many tradeoffs — business, technical, UX, speed, accuracy, complexity — in every decision
About AutodeskWith Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It's disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.