Date Posted: 2019-07-07-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HCA09: Interiors (Propulation) -Fairf 3530 Branscombe Road, Fairfield, CA, 94533 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
The Technical Fellow – Energetics, Methods & Technologies is a technical leader for the development, characterization and performance evaluation of energetic materials (explosives, propellants and pyrotechnics). The incumbent is a recognized expert on material aging, materials compatibility, production process evaluation, material research/development and anomaly characterization related to the performance of energetic materials. This leader is actively engaged in the development of new analytical methods for analysis and fundamental research in product design, performance and processes.
The Technical Fellow demonstrates industry level technical achievements in the field of energetics and has a high level of competence in all relevant engineering principles and practices. This recognized leader inspires others with enthusiasm, dedication and commitment toward technical challenges and generates unique concepts of significant impact to the business as evidenced by synthesis of new products or processes.
- Investigates change associated with material processing, compatibility, and aging of energetic materials, associated inert materials, and components that contain these materials
- Analyzes chemical and materials data to derive product-level relationships and characteristics using established data science and statistical analysis methods
- Supports generation of discipline standards for energetics
- Provides subject matter expertise in technical process development from bench-scale through production
- Presents product related data and research to leadership, customers, and at industry technical conferences
- Authors scientific publications in both internal and peer-reviewed open literature
- Champions intellectual property portfolio growth
- Contributes to key strategic initiatives for Mission Systems and Collins Aerospace
- Contributes to cross-functional technical training programs
- Mentors cross-functional employees to support development of technical expertise
- Leads and participates in continuous improvement activities and RCCA teams
- Engages and advises in industry committee and community of practice activities
- Collins Aerospace focal in the field of energetic materials
- Master’s degree in physical science, materials science, engineering, applied mathematics, or a closely related discipline
- Experience with energetics industry and related customer base
- Experience with analyzing experimental data (e.g. thermal analysis, vibrational spectroscopy, rheology, chromatography, mechanical properties) and using the resultant information to extract and define pertinent materials characteristics
- Demonstrated experience driving resolution of complex manufacturing and engineering process related issues
- Demonstrated leadership in establishing plans to close identified organization skills gaps
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment on problems that exist across technical disciplines
- PhD in physical science, engineering, applied mathematics, or a closely related discipline
- Strong theoretical knowledge base in thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, thermochemistry and kinetics
- Experience using experimental data for kinetic and thermodynamic model development and validation
- Experience in visualizing and presenting scientific datasets to include integrated datasets with multiple dimensions and data types
- Experience manipulating, interpreting and pre-processing data sets associated with chemical and materials analyses, using microscopy, radiography, tomography, spectroscopy, chromatography, thermal analysis particle sizing or other techniques
- Specific expertise in building predictive models using statistical & machine-learning methods
- Experience with statistics and data analytic software such as: R, Python, MATLAB, JMP, SAS, SQL, Minitab, ArcGIS, JMP, Excel, Access, Qlikview, Qliksense, Umetrics, The Unscrambler (CAMO), PLSToolbox
- Demonstrated track record of successful collaboration among experimentalists, computational modelers, and theoreticians
- Good communication skills evidenced by a record of publishing in peer-reviewed scientific literature and presentations at technical conferences
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.