Date Posted: 2019-07-03-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney offers limitless possibilities for extraordinary careers! Reach your highest potential with us.
P&W is a United Technologies Corp. company and is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines and auxiliary power units.
The P&W Aftermarket Operations Development Program (AODP) is a two year rotational program targeted at new college graduates to prepare them for a career in aftermarket operations at P&W. Development occurs via technical training and customized on-the-job assignments. Upon completion of this program, the new associate will have a solid base in Aftermarket manufacturing operations, quality systems, manufacturing processes, federal aviation guidelines, tooling and fixtures, gages and inspection, machine tools and application, CNC, strategic planning, continuous improvement, Kaizen, six sigma tools, Lean Manufacturing and our ACE Operating System. At the conclusion of the program, graduates will be prepared to assume an assignment in manufacturing at one of Pratt & Whitney's Aftermarket repair or engine center units. The program is based out of East Hartford in Connecticut.
- Engage people, strategize and deploy initiatives using diverse skills and competencies to meet business and career challenges
- Spend the next two years (three, 8-month rotations) in the function areas of Operations: Manufacturing, Quality, Customer Service, Strategic Planning and Supply Chain Management
- Work at three of Pratt & Whitney’s 7 dynamic aftermarket business units: Dallas, TX; Columbus, GA; Springdale, AR; East Hartford, CT; North Berwick, ME; West Palm Beach, FL; Lansing, MI
- Lead the continued deployment of our continuous improvement operating system, ACE (Achieving Competitive Excellence) across our facilities and become a certified ACE Associate
- Support global strategic sourcing and supplier development initiatives
- Learn the core concepts of manufacturing by applying cutting edge technology and lean principles
- Develop a cross-business, cross-functional network that will expand as your career grows - receiving mentoring & guidance from Pratt & Whitney leaders
- Work with current AODP Associates on enhancement teams to continuously improve the quality of the program
- College entry level with applicable co-ops / internships
- Proactive and results-driven individuals who thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Capacity to lead, motivate and influence through effective communication
- Flexibility and mobility to travel and live anywhere in the US
- Candidates must be a US Citizen due to government contracts
- Minimum B.A./B.S. degree required. Operations related fields e.g., engineering, logistics, supply chain/materials, quality or manufacturing
- Minimum Overall GPA: 3.0 or higher
- Seeking candidates graduating in December 2019
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.