FCA is seeking an HIL (Hardware in Loop) Validation Engineer for the Electrical Engineering group in Product Development. The HIL Validation Engineer is responsible for the design and development of the hardware platform for HIL test benches.
The job responsibilities will include identifying attributes of hardware signals, defining sensor/actuator interfaces, debugging ECU interfaces, and defining signal conditioning requirements. The candidate will also develop behavior and plant models using MATLAB, develop validation scripts using Python or other scripting languages (including CAPL, XML), develop validation framework and implement test automation for U Connect, Body EE and Chassis and Safety EE systems test platforms, develop HIL test procedures and scripts for validation of Connectivity and Infotainment, Body EE and Chassis and Safety EE systems on HIL Test platforms, conduct testing for different vehicle lines on HIL Test Platforms and compile test results in the DVP&R format.
Product Design & Engineering careers at FCA US offer the chance to drive innovation and embrace bold new challenges as a member of the team responsible for revolutionizing the automotive industry. Today, we’re on a new road, with defined goals and renewed energy. You’ll see it in our attention to quality and performance, and in the groundbreaking designs and technologies that create an unparalleled driving experience for our customers.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent (Materials /Chemical/ Civil/ Aerospace/Computer) from an ABET accredited university
- 1 year of industry experience in the Hardware in Loop (HIL) domain
- Knowledge of the Python scripting language
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- 1 year of industry experience with dSPACE Systems (ControlDesk, AutomationDesk), IBM Rational Rhapsody proficiency and MATLAB model development expertise
- 1 year of experience in the following scripting languages: CAPL, XML, Embedded C