Graduate Energy & Sustainability Consultant - Available 2020
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Developing sustainability frameworks and design strategies for multiple projects of varying scale
- Advising clients on a variety of sustainability, climate and resilience-related projects, including projects targeting sustainable rating system certifications, such as LEED, CaGBC’s Zero Carbon Building Standard, WELL, Fitwel, Passive House, Living Building Challenge, SITES, and Envision.
- Tracking sustainable rating systems processes, writing and editing reports, and presenting to clients, design teams, and contractors
- Sketching and designing digital illustrations to visualize design strategies for client presentations and other external needs
- Analyzing building design strategies using 3D modeling and analysis software like Rhino, Grasshopper, and other plug-ins.
- Collaborating with multiple disciplines and working in conjunction with project managers to help complete assigned tasks
- Understanding trends and best practices in high performance building design
- Participating in local Professional Associations
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Planning, Architecture, or a closely related field
- Creative, motivated, technically-minded self-starter that can work both independently and collaboratively on teams
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively and manage deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of LEED and other sustainable rating systems for the built environment
- Demonstrated research experience, both directed and independent, in the areas of sustainability, climate action and resilience including low energy/carbon design for buildings, renewable energy and microgrids, energy and water efficiency strategies, health and wellness and architectural materials.
- Proficient in use of software like Excel, Publisher or other desktop publishing platform, interactive Adobe PDFs
- Knowledge of energy modelling software (i.e. IES-VE, EnergyPlus, eQUEST, Trace700, etc)
- LEED Accredited Professional or other Green Building Rating System accreditation
- Related professional experience
- Master’s degree or higher in Engineering, Environmental Science, Planning, Architecture, or a closely related field
- Proficient in use of design software, such as Rhino, Grasshopper, Ladybug, Honeybee, DIVA, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Proficiency in French
Notable Projects:Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
- Calgary Cancer Center
- University of British Colombia
- National Music Centre of Canada
- Tim Hortons Field
- New Champlain Bridge
- Queen's Way West Revitalization
- Toronto Pearson International Airport
Benefits:Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
- Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
- Personal Health Insurance
- RRSP - 100% company match up to 5-9% based on years of service
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
- Short Term and Long Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
For the second consecutive year, Arup has been named one of Greater Toronto’s top employers! Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2019 are recognized for exceptional human resources programs and forward-thinking workplace policies.