Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression: Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Arup Canada is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to support a team of Senior Leaders in our Toronto office. This is versatile role which requires a candidate to be self-motivated, independent
and able to multi-task.
Job responsibilities will include
- Being the front-line client facing person for their assigned Senior Leader(s) of the office;
- Calendar management, requiring interaction and coordination with internal/external executives and their assistants to coordinate complex meetings;
- Arranging travel and itineraries including air, hotel, transfers, passports, and visas;
- Assisting with the preparation, proofreading, and editing of correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents;
- Assisting with the planning, coordinating, and participating in meetings, webcasts, and conference calls;
- Preparing, reconciling and processing of expense reports;
- Entering data and progressing actions within our CRM system;
- Support bid managers and marketing team in preparing proposal submissions, and assist in ensuring that collateral materials are maintained and updated regularly.
- Assisting with the completion of applications for professional licenses;
- other duties as assigned
- minimum 2 years’ relevant experience supporting a team of 2 or more in a fast paced and professional environment is preferred
- AA/BA/BS is preferred;
- knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word) is required;
- strong English grammar, spelling, punctuation, composition, drafting and proofreading skills;
- the ability to handle confidential assignments with tact and diplomacy;
- the ability to work in a deadline-driven environment;
- strong written, oral communication and typing skills;
- strong problem-solving, strategic and creative thinking, and decision-making ability;
- detailed-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage differing needs of their projects; proactive, self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills;
- and top applicants must be organized, with good time management skills
We offer an outstanding benefits package including healthcare and 5-9% RRSP match.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.