Arup is an independent firm of consultants, designers, planners, engineers and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world. We are an employee owned organisation which allows our members a unique opportunity to have a real say in our companies’ future and development.
This role will help lead, grow and support Arup’s Intelligent Mobility professional services in the North, of England, working within the Infrastructure Advisory team, based either in Leeds or Manchester. The role will connect across Arup’s Intelligent Mobility national and international community.
We see that the purpose of Intelligent Mobility is to enable better outcomes for individuals and society, improve the wider environmental impacts and enable the economy. To achieve this we work with clients to advise on all aspects of transport technology systems, from strategy and business through to design and operation.
Role - What we're looking for in youWe are looking for a passionate, commercially aware Intelligent Mobility Consultant with sound technical knowledge to be an integral part of our advisory offering that is highly motivated, and with a desire to lead and tackle interesting problems through innovative solutions.
Crucially, you will have the drive to help develop and define an Intelligent Mobility advisory offering based in the north of England, but working nationally and with the opportunity to work on international assignments. Ensuring the successful delivery of advisory projects and bids across our UK portfolio, you will be responsible for:
- Raising Arup’s profile with key clients including DfT, TfN, TFGM, WYCA and Highways England
- Managing and delivering high quality committed projects to clients on time and to budget
- Developing and enhancing relationships with clients through project delivery
- Performing a variety of challenging roles including strategy development, service design and technical delivery
- Supporting bidding and business development activities
- Involvement in a wide range of projects across business areas, and the wider Arup network, including overseas
- Contributing towards expanding the Intelligent Mobility business in Arup
Essential Skills and KnowledgeThe candidate should have experience of delivering complex intelligent mobility projects, consultancy / research advice to such clients. Collaboration and the ability to integrate with different project teams and disciplines are key skills in this role.
The successful candidate needs to be able to demonstrate strong client relations and have a track record of delivering innovative projects.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable Intelligent Mobility discipline expertise and thought leadership in a number of the following areas:
- connected and autonomous vehicles and related highways design / infrastructure
- alternatively fueled vehicles and charging infrastructure e.g. electric and hydrogen vehicles
- tolling and mobility pricing (and the linkage to economics and social acceptance issues)
- real-time traveler information
- smart ticketing
- traffic control centres, systems and operations
- travel behaviour science.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Experience of automating digital tasks using scripting/programming languages and data analytics tools
- Experience of developing digital services using data science techniques
- Strong links to academic institutions
- Appropriate degree or higher qualification in an engineering, transport, scientific or economic related discipline
- Membership of an appropriate professional body
- Chartered status or working towards chartership
Rewards & BenefitsWe offer a competitive salary at all levels and one of the best benefits package in our sector. Core benefits include Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Accident Assurance and Income Protection cover. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefit Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice benefits to help you with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share Scheme where employees could receive two Profit Share payments per year.
Arup is a place where creativity, innovation and exciting technical challenges are always possible; we are part of a team that enjoys what they do, embracing a unique culture. As a global firm we can develop careers in the UK or abroad through international assignments, and our commitment to training and development is fundamental to ensure we continue to develop our staff and look to the future requirements of our clients.
If you share our passion, why not talk to us about a rewarding career with Arup?