In line with our successful growth, we are recruiting for a Town Planner to join our London office with experience of development management and/or policy planning to help deliver our diverse portfolio of work. You will provide quality, technical guidance and support wider working winning and business development activities.
We provide a holistic service to meet the aspirations and needs of developers, communities, local planning authorities and central government. As winners of the RTPI’s Planning Excellence awards in recent years, our clients expect us to provide the most innovative, professional and reliable advice.
You will be given the support and freedom to play a key part in the growth of the team and you will work across a portfolio of work that includes securing consents (TCPA, TWA, DCO, Hybrid Bill), preparing local, sub-regional and national planning policy and guidance, delivering consultation and engagement, research and evaluation.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Degree and/or masters in town planning
- Good knowledge of planning legislation and planning policy
- Experience of inputting into the preparation of planning reports or strategies, planning applications or policy documents including evidence base studies and research;
- Experience of engaging with members of the public and stakeholders to inform project outputs;
- Developing working relationship with town planners and other disciplines within an organisation and also in external forums;
- Capable of managing a challenging and varying workload which can change at short notice.
- Member of or working towards chartership at the Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI) or equivalent;
- Experience of working in the private sector and/or for a multi-disciplinary organisation;
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience of working on major transport/infrastructure projects;
- Multi-disciplinary working with other groups (e.g. Environment, Transport and Project Management);
- Understanding of commercial matters and delivering work within budget.
Reward & BenefitsWe offer one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits including private healthcare and a range of other protection schemes are funded by Arup and made available to all permanent staff to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental well-being.
Shape your time with usHow can we best work with you? Whether you’re a parent, a Carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle, it’s not always easy to commit to standard working hours.
At Arup, you have access to a range of flexible working options – including flexible start and finish times, working from home or working part-time. If you're interested in any of these options, please let us know when you apply, and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.