FCA US LLC College Intern Program offers a unique opportunity for highly motivated, innovative, and inspired individuals to work in a challenging assignment where contribution, teamwork, and communication are vital to the success of the organization.
As a leading-edge company, we can provide real world challenges and rewarding intern experiences to candidates from a variety of colleges and universities while providing a competitive salary.
Interns are assigned to an organization department based on the candidate’s background, skill set and interests. The assignments are project-oriented, meaningful to the department and allow the intern to take responsibility for a major task. Interns experience a sense of personal accomplishment and contribution and experience the corporate business culture through work assignments and structured activities. They gain the communication and etiquette skills required in business while sharing knowledge gained from recent courses. They also enhance their computer skills and learn new systems and software.
Each Intern assignment consists of challenging projects with specific goals, providing opportunities for personal growth and development. Interns that demonstrate outstanding qualities may be invited back the following year for a second internship or to interview for full-time positions in our various new hire programs. Summer Internships are primarily located at FCA US Headquarters and Technology Center in Auburn Hills, Michigan, other facilities in the Detroit Metropolitan area, and Business Centers located throughout the country.
Interns may qualify for a housing allowance and/or travel assistance. During the internship, Interns will have the opportunity to participate in many activities designed specially to enhance their knowledge of FCA, our products and the Metro Detroit area.
The UX Design Prototype Intern will be assigned to work in the Product Design Office studios, located in Auburn Hills, Michigan.
As a UX Design Prototype Intern at FCA, you will help us shape and craft the next generation of interactive experiences for our platform. You will assist us in crafting future products, solve complex design problems, and turn them into immersive product proposals and prototypes. You should understand trends, consumer research and brand identity, as well as communicate and sell their design solutions to senior management and colleagues. The selected candidate will assist with design projects and creative initiatives, and provide interactive user interface expertise and support from concept to production projects. The Intern will interface with design office management and employees, and will participate in a variety of relevant activities and assignments. The Intern will also gain practical experience working with designers, engineers and developers, while collaborating on diverse programs and projects. Mentorship is provided by on-site designers who will oversee the Intern’s daily activities.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in Human Computer Interaction, Product Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Visual Design, Game Design, Film or equivalent.
- Completion of sophomore year at an accredited university by summer of 2020
- Candidates must submit a current portfolio, saved as a PDF, links to demo reel, website, representing work from freshman year to the present
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (based on 4.0 scale)
- Exceptional design intuition, with strong presentation and design communication skills
- Ability to create interactive prototypes in 2D and 3D environments
- Strong 3D design and motion graphics, special effects, or animation
- Working knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD, Sketch, Alias, Unity, Unreal, or similar tools
- Design for touch or mobile interfaces
- Experience working with engineers/developers collaborating on diverse programs and projects
- Exhibit strong leadership and presentation skills
- Ability to work both individually and as a team member in a creative and diverse environment
- Strong interest in automotive industry
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment