Job Description - User Experience Design Researcher (19WD34388)
User Experience Design Researcher19WD34388Europe, Middle East and Africa-United Kingdom-England-Birmingham
User Experience Design Researcher
Location: Birmingham, UK
Position OverviewAutodesk is seeking a talented, self-motivated User Experience Researcher for a full-time position within our Fusion 360 Manufacturing Experience Design team. The User Experience Researcher at Autodesk is a relentless customer advocate, has a passion for human-centered design, and has a track record of impactful research with cross-functional teams. Our User Experience Researchers leverage a wide variety of research methods and work in lockstep with their teams to envision, validate, and ship high quality experiences our customers will love. The role requires top-notch interaction design skills, along with a strategic mindset and ability to collaborate with different product teams.
Reporting to the Experience Design Manager, you will join the Fusion 360 Manufacturing team helping to validate and refine designs and experiences before they are built and released.
ResponsibilitiesPlanning, coordinating, and executing research throughout the business discovery, prototyping, design and development lifecycle, to help us understand our customers better, make sure we are building the right thing and that we are building that thing right.Using a variety of research methods including ethnographic site visits, remote interviews, formative and summative usability sessions, analytics analysis, surveys, and discussions on user forums. Building on the work of other researchers around the company.Participating in research analysis, product visioning workshops, and design reviews with cross-functional teams, to ensure that findings and insights are translated into actionable product goals and direction.Participating in prototype creation with your fellow designers, to test new ideas and research insights.Sharing customer insights with the broader organization in creative ways to increase customer empathy.Participating in the research community at Autodesk to share and evangelize research findings, collaborate on projects to understand our customers’ end-to-end customer journey, and to promote research as a strategic driver for our products and services.
The Ideal Candidate
- You’re a born researcher with rock-solid execution. You’ve got an inquisitive mind, natural empathy for users, and you love translating fuzzy research questions into a clear research plan
- You’re a team player. You’re a natural collaborator and enjoy bringing your team along with you in discovery and analysis
- You’re a pattern finder and holistic thinker: you seek to collaborate with other teams around the company who are collecting customer insights, including market research and analytics, to create a richer, more holistic understanding of what’s meaningful to our customers
- You’re an excellent communicator. You pride yourself on your clear verbal and written communication, and your ability to share and evangelize research findings in a clear and compelling way to diverse audiences including executives
- You don’t fear complexity. You’re not afraid to dive into research on complex software with a broad user base of professional designers, architects and engineers
- Some experience working in a user-centered design process on cloud services, web, mobile or desktop applications
- Strong track record of qualitative and quantitative results impacting product strategy and development
- Graduate Degree in Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, or related field – or commensurate work experience
- Up-to-date toolkit of research methods, and the experience and savvy to know when to be lean and scrappy and when to be rigorous
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and the ability to share and evangelize research findings in a clear and compelling way to diverse audiences including executives
- Experience using Autodesk software (especially Fusion 360, Inventor, Netfabb. PowerMill)
- Experience using complex design software such as Revit, Inventor, or Fusion 360, and/or experience in a relevant industry (architecture, engineering, manufacturing, construction, etc.) is a plus
- Experience researching or designing for cloud services or apps
- Experience working in an Agile or Lean Startup environment
- Coding skills are not required for this position, but the position does require some travel.
About AutodeskWith Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
User Experience & Design
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.