Job Description - Principal UX Designer (19WD35067)
Principal UX Designer19WD35067Europe, Middle East and Africa-United Kingdom-England-South Yorkshire
Principal UX Designer
Location: Sheffield- UK
Job ID: 19WD35067
Position OverviewWe are seeking a talented Principal User Experience Designer to work on our next-generation cloud solutions serving the construction industry.
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a fantastic team, contributing to some of the most exciting projects here at Autodesk.
- Work as part of a cross-functional core team to understand customer and business needs, and form hypotheses on potential features and improvementsLead design-thinking exercises to help build shared understanding and alignment on solutions to complex design challenges
- Construct conceptual diagrams, task flows, storyboards, wireframes and other deliverables to communicate proposed design solutions
- Lead collaborative sessions with customers and other stakeholders to explore, test and validate conceptual designs
- Work with software architects to help inform the design of APIs that drive our user experiences
- Partner with UI designers and Scrum teams to translate initial concepts into working user interfaces of exceptional quality
- Help promote continuous improvement in our product design practice
- Act as a thought leader and mentor to more junior designers
- While there’s no immediate line management responsibility, this is a senior position with potential to evolve to a leadership role in future
- Extensive professional experience
- Deep experience in interaction design, particularly for the web
- A compelling portfolio demonstrating your previous work
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
- Experience applying UX within Agile development environments
- Experience working with 3D graphics and/or Autodesk products
- Experience with user research, analytics and remote testing platforms
- Experience in large, distributed, enterprise organisations
- Experience in leading or supervising other team members
The Ideal Candidate
- You thrive on creating elegant solutions to complex problems
- You are equal parts maker, thinker and facilitator
- You are equally comfortable working with abstract concepts or fine details
- You are self-starter with the relentless desire to learn and improve
- You combine instinct, experience and analysis to deliver excellent results
- Along with your CV, please submit a portfolio, or provide a link to an online portfolio, showing examples of your previous work.
About AutodeskLooking for a career that combines innovative technology and creativity, ultimately helping people to imagine, design and make a better world? If so, meet Autodesk. At Autodesk, we make software for people who make things. If you’ve ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great movie, chances are you’ve experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with our software. Autodesk gives people the power to Make Anything. To see our culture in action, please check out #AutodeskLife on Instagram or facebook.com/autodeskcareers. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualiﬁed applicants without regard to race, gender, disability, veteran status or other protected category.
User Experience & Design
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.