Job Description - Data Science Intern (19WD35410)
Data Science Intern19WD35410Americas-United States of America-California-San Francisco
Data Science Intern
Location: San Francisco, CA- United States
Job ID: 19WD35410
PlanGrid @ AutodeskPlanGrid, an Autodesk company, builds simple, beautiful software that construction teams love to use. As part of Autodesk Construction Solutions (ACS), whose mission is to seamlessly connect the office, trailer and the field across the entire construction project lifecycle, PlanGrid’s mobile-first solutions empower general contractors, subcontractors, owners and architects to provide fast, accurate information to the field. With unparalleled adoption by field workers, PlanGrid is used on projects as the single source of truth for all construction data — including drawings, photos, and other critical documents. As a result, critical workflows are streamlined, efficiency is improved and field teams can take on more work and get more done. PlanGrid’s software and other Autodesk Construction Solutions products enable a complete data set to move seamlessly through each phase of a building’s lifecycle — from design and preconstruction to construction, turnover, and operations. PlanGrid is used on more 1.5 million construction projects in 100+ countries. Join us as PlanGrid and ACS advance Autodesk’s leadership in construction.
Position OverviewFrom Hudson Yards to Levi’s Stadium, our customers build some of the most amazing construction projects on the planet. PlanGrid is spearheading the industry’s transformation to the cloud and digitization by arming construction workers with the best productivity tools. You’ll work with top-tier product and engineering teams to build solutions that allow us to ship with both speed and confidence. We recognize that diversity is a critical part of being an innovative company—diverse perspectives and different backgrounds are the key ingredients to building the best products.
PlanGrid is committed to support you to do great work, use technologies you like, alongside peers you respect. You’ll do this on a product that delights users, has made money from the day it launched, and grown steadily ever since. If that sounds like the environment for you, we’d love for you to build and grow with us.
- Preparing reports and dashboards to visualize data and present actionable findings
- Working closely with engineering teams to provide data-driven analyses to help guide product development
- Supporting cross-functional initiatives across various teams at Autodesk, including Sales, Marketing, and Finance
- Assisting with data engineering tasks and ad hoc data requests as they come in
- Currently studying a quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Economics, etc.)
- Experience with statistical modeling (eg. Python, R, Matlab) and/or database languages (eg. SQL)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Track record of success and passion for solving difficult testing problems
The Ideal Candidate
- A strong sense of ownership: You strive for deep understanding, build the appropriate solution to get the job done, and iterate quickly to deliver high impact results
- Pride over everything you ship: You would never release an analytics product until you’re confident it provides real value to the end user
- An eye for visualizing data: You understand it’s important not only to get the numbers right, but also to present the results in an elegant, compelling way to the target audience
- A team mentality: You recognize that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, appreciate collaboration, and play a key role to make the company win
- Pragmatism: You consider the many tradeoffs — business, technical, speed, accuracy, complexity — in every decision
About AutodeskWith Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It's disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
Intern and New Grad
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.