Job Description - Data Engineer (19WD35301)
Data Engineer19WD35301Europe, Middle East and Africa-Ireland-Leinster-Dublin
Location: Dublin- Ireland
Job ID: 19WD35301
Position Overview We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic individual to join the Customer Success Data & Analytics team. ‘Relentless focus on earning customer loyalty’ is the mission of Autodesk’s Customer Success department. Further to this the Customer Success teams around the world work with our customers ensuring that they achieve their desired outcomes through the use of our software and in return receive value from working with our products. Data and analytics form a key component in helping our Customer Success teams deliver their services. Your role will be to assist with the design and development of a centralised Data Mart which is then used by the Customer Success teams as the basis for metrics, KPIs and prescriptive/predictive models. The Data Mart forms the foundation for the wider CS department data strategy. You will be heavily involved with all aspects of the design of the Data Mart, including logical and physical schema design and associated ETLs. If you are looking to develop your skills within the world of data science, then this is a great starting point.
- As a Data Engineer, you will be maintaining and enhancing the existing data pipeline to ensure data delivery to team members and ad-hoc reporting requirements that facilitate data-driven insights and decision making in the Customer Success world
- Maintain the existing data pipeline required for the extraction, transformation, cleaning, pre-processing, aggregation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Python, SQL, PostgreSQL and AWS big data technologies (Spark Hive)
- Develop and test new features for the data pipeline based on stakeholders’ requirements
- Improve the scaling, optimization, efficiency and tests to enhance data quality and reliability
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things to the next level
- Fluent English required. Strong written and verbal communication skills are very important
- Ability to operate effectively in a dynamic, fluid environment
- Python (including PySpark, Pandas, Numpy, etc)
- SQL (Hive, Oracle RDBMS, Amazon Redshift, Amazon Athena)
- Apache Airflow
About AutodeskWith Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.