Job Description - Pipeline Build and Tools Developer, 3ds Max (19WD35389)
Pipeline Build and Tools Developer, 3ds Max19WD35389Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montréal
Pipeline Build and Tools Developer, 3ds Max
Location: Montreal- Canada
Job ID: 19WD35389
Position OverviewAt Autodesk we do what no other company on the planet can, provide our customers the technology to Make Anything. The 3ds Max Build and Tools team is a small group of engineers in the 3ds Max team which have a crucial inwards-facing role that aims to sustainably maintain and improve the productivity of the entire 3ds Max team!
We focus on solving challenging and interesting problems which enable our internal software development teams to release amazing features to customers, often and with high quality. We’re seeking a creative, curious and driven software engineer to join our team and work alongside other engineers who care deeply about making an impact for our customers and our engineering team. To be successful in this role you must have a passion for learning, fearless towards solving tough technical problems and ability to work collaboratively in a small team.
There is no typical day in this team, being adaptable, intuitive, curious, eager to make a difference, ready to work smart and have fun, all make for a recipe of success. You could be working on building a Jenkins pipeline one day, writing and optimizing some Python scripts the next day and gathering user feedback the following day, it’s always a different day.
- Build tools which have a radical impact on the way we build software and deliver value to customers
- Develop solutions that push the envelope of ways to use technology in solving problems while being robust. Have a good judgement when you cannot achieve both
- Evangelize best of breed practices and coach other engineers on how to be successful using said practices
- Work as an individual contributor and a collaborative team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5+ years of related professional experience
- Artifact and package management systems experience (e.g. Artifactory, NuGet)
- Build system expertise (e.g. MS Build, CMake)
- Orchestration tools experience (e.g. Jenkins, Electric Flow)
- Solid expertise in Python or similar scripting language
- Superb Git/GitHub expertise
- Great at designing solutions, while organizing for clarity and simplifying
- Willingness to work on-site at our Montréal office
- C++ and or C# basics
- Experience with configuration/provisioning tools (e.g. Vagrant, Ansible, Chef)
- Familiarity with virtualization/containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, AWS)
- Software development under Windows
About AutodeskWith Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It's disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.