Job Description - Full Stack Engineer (19WD35449)
Full Stack Engineer19WD35449Americas-United States of America-California-San Francisco
Full Stack Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA- United States
Job ID: 19WD35449
PlanGrid Engineering Team @ AutodeskAutodesk's PlanGrid Engineering operates cross-functionally, which means we build features and ship them quickly across all our supported platforms. Our stacks are diverse so you will get exposure to many technologies including Swift, Android, Python, Mongo, PostgreSQL, React, .NET.
Autodesk's PlanGrid builds simple, beautiful software that construction teams love to use. As part of Autodesk Construction Solutions (ACS), whose mission is to seamlessly connect the office, trailer and the field across the entire construction project lifecycle, PlanGrid’s mobile-first solutions empower general contractors, subcontractors, owners and architects to provide fast, accurate information to the field. With unparalleled adoption by field workers, PlanGrid is used on projects as the single source of truth for all construction data — including drawings, photos, and other critical documents. As a result, critical workflows are streamlined, efficiency is improved and field teams can take on more work and get more done. PlanGrid’s software and other Autodesk Construction Solutions products enable a complete data set to move seamlessly through each phase of a building’s lifecycle — from design and preconstruction to construction, turnover, and operations. Autodesk's PlanGrid is used on more 1.5 million construction projects in 100+ countries.
Position OverviewAs a Full Stack Engineer at Autodesk's PlanGrid you will tackle difficult and interesting challenges and help build and improve the core field experience of PlanGrid.
We are open to remote engineers.
- Build near real-time collaboration and markup for construction drawings, slick and responsive UI that can handle millions of user generated data points (like photos and annotations)
- Build tools to streamline communication and collaboration on the construction site
- Tackle synchronization and consistency that allows our users to work and edit offline
- Replacing Excel workflows with simple and powerful tools
- Have at least 3 years of engineering experience
- Have a technical undergraduate degree or higher (CS, Math, Engineering, etc.)
- Have the passion and dedication to write highly scalable, reliable code
- Love solving tricky problems
- Team player – you love to teach others about cool new tricks you learned and absorb tips and tricks from developers; love solving problems as a team across platforms
- Have experience with at least one server side framework (Rails, Django, Flask, etc.)
- Have experience with at least one of the following:
- Building client side Java applications (preferably for Android)
- Building iOS apps in Objective-C and Swift
About AutodeskWith Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It's disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.