Job ID 00000155612Date posted 10/17/2019Location Gdańsk, PomeraniaCompany Jeppesen
Job DescriptionFor more than 80 years, Jeppesen, a Boeing Company, has made it possible for pilots and their passengers to safely and efficiently reach their destinations. We are the world’s leading provider of aeronautical data and operational support, combining our company’s enduring spirit of innovation with a legacy of leadership in aviation to deliver 21st century navigation and optimization solutions.
Jeppesen, A Boeing Company is looking for a Software Engineering Manager.
- Managing and overseeing execution of multiple concurrent development activities
- Collaborating proactively with customers, stakeholders, peers and direct reports to understand operational and performance expectations, contributing to departmental vision, strategy and execution plan
- Defining departmental execution plan to set and effectively achieve operational goals
- Project estimation and planning
- Supporting existing programs as well as working to win new programs
- Improving engineering bench strength through active resource training and recruitment of the best talent
- Working with other similar groups across the enterprise cultivating common design solutions
- Cultivating a positive staff culture, team motivation and development
- Working across functions including procurement, finance, scheduling, contracts, et al
- Supporting the team to improve internal technologies that standardize designs, mitigate risk and improve overall efficiency
- Standard administration of labor recording, expense reports, charge line authorizations and performance reviews
- Developing/maturing team metrics in support of safety, quality, and productivity.
- 3+ years of experience leading projects or teams.
- English proficiency.
- Experience in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Professional engineering experience.
- Experience in managing certified/safety critical software development projects.
- Experience building relationships with internal/external customers.
- Collaborating in international and multi-national projects/teams.
- Demonstrated design and system thinking skills.
- Technical degree in a related field of study
If you want to:
- have an authentic influence on the future of aviation
- be a part of something big, challenging and meaningful
- have the opportunity to work for the biggest player in the aviation world
- have flexible working hours
- have a private medical care and a sport card
- join our sports teams
- have an additional winter break from 24th to 31st December
please submit your application in English.Relocation is not available with this role. Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Contingent Upon Program AwardNo, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.