Much has been said and written about FCA and the state of the American automotive industry, but the most important part of the story is being written now. FCA is creating a global industrial powerhouse. Every new day and new challenge brings the opportunity to drive your future. You’ll get involved. You’ll take risks. You’ll leave your mark. Come and blaze new trails with us!
The Quality organization is currently seeking a highly skilled, solutions-oriented Metrology/ Calibration Electrical Engineer to join the Quality team at the Chelsea Proving Grounds in Chelsea, MI.
The Metrology/ Calibration Electrical Engineer will be a member of the Chelsea Proving Grounds (CPG) Instrumentation Support Services team and responsible for calibration of electronic devices and sensors to ISO-9000/ A2LA standards.
Responsibilities of the job include:
- Writing procedures
- Calculation of measurement uncertainty
- Training calibration technicians
- Creating and maintaining documents in support of ISO-9000/ A2LA accreditation
- Performing and participating in quality audits, etc.
- BSEE or equivalent engineering discipline
- Must be well-organized, proactive, excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well with others and on teams
- Working knowledge of Fluke Metcal software
- Working knowledge of electronics
- Ability to troubleshoot strain gauge based sensors (load cells, pressure transducers, accelerometers), temperature/ humidity sensors, measurement devices such multi-meters, etc.
- Experience working with ISO-9000/ A2LA calibration standards