Much has been said and written about FCA and the state of the American automotive industry, but the most important part of the story is being written now. FCA is creating a global industrial powerhouse. Every new day and new challenge brings the opportunity to drive your future. You’ll get involved. You’ll take risks. You’ll leave your mark. Come and blaze new trails with us!
The FCA Quality organization is currently seeking a Dimensional Engineer to join our Quality team at our Warren Truck Assembly Plant in Warren, MI. This position offers the selected candidate an opportunity to be an integral part of company whose focus is to change the automotive landscape. The Dimensional Engineer is responsible for maintaining a list of critical product and process characteristics for body shop and stamping plants.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Recommend best gauging methods and perform data analysis to identify special and common cause problems
- Assist in the development and rollout of training material
- Support plants in determining the root cause of dimensional issues
- Working with cross-functional teams to recommend and evaluate corrective action
- Document case studies as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Background in Dimensional Engineering
- Understanding of GD&T, Inspection Methods, Measurement Systems
- Understanding of Statistical Process Capability, Root Cause Analysis, and Problem Solving Techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong ability to utilize Microsoft Office tools
- Green Belt training, Kaizen training
- Strong understanding of product design, vehicle assembly and manufacturing methods