Date Posted: 2019-10-15-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow’s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
This role will support the Diversity, Inclusion and Engagement Talent Community of Expertise. We are currently seeking an HR Co-op who will serve as a Diversity and Inclusion Specialist within our global HR Talent Community of Expertise. This role is a great way to gain excellent Human Resources experience, with a focus on engaging, retaining and developing our workforce through our Employee Resource Groups.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight support and guidance to our 9 global Employee Resource Groups.
- Coordinate and lead monthly global ERG Board Leader Meetings.
- Serve as the focal point for the ERG Annual Budget Process. Partner with ERG Leaders and Finance.
- Participate in ERG Board Monthly Meetings when possible.
- Participate in ERG strategic initiatives to provide HR support as needed.
- Oversight of ERG SharePoint Site, and ensure annual events are up to date on the site.
- Provide support to prepare for the semi-annual Inclusion Summit.
- Maintain an accurate calendar of annual ERG events, and develop a plan to engage leadership to attend and support events.
- Have an understanding of the policies to help provide ERG's with guidance, and help re-direct them to the appropriate point of contact based on each unique request.
- Support strategic Diversity and Inclusion initiatives as needed.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- Applicant must be US Citizen due to government contracts.
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Business, HR Management, Psychology or a related field.
- Pursuing a Master's degree in HR Management, Organizational Psychology, Business.
- You are graduating between: December 2020 – May 2022
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship.
- You have a GPA of 3.2 or higher.
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Prior internship in Human Resources
- Strong Communication Skills both verbal and written
- Project Management Skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.