In FCA Powertrain Embedded Controls and Software, the Program Agile Coach helps to deliver agile transformations leveraging a lean-agile framework that provides scaling methods and practices (similar to SAFe) for product development and management teams.
We are looking for a Program Agile Coach with experience and success in supporting product development programs and teams to improve performance by aligning current processes and practices with industry best practices, standards, and FCA business goals. The Program Agile Coach will be responsible for overall agile related growth and development of the program(s) they are associated with.
Responsibilities of the Program Agile Coach include but not limited to:
- Developing, implementing, and promoting agile best-practices and standards across the enterprise and agile teams
- Driving the organization-wide agile adoption strategy and rollout plans
- Evaluating and mentoring existing scrum teams, and deliver training classes for product owners, scrum masters and delivery team members
- Collaborating with leadership teams on forming and organizing of agile projects and teams
- Collaborating with learning and development functions on agile training and education
- Collaborating with PMO functions to ensure metrics and team measurements are aligned with agile practices and principles
- Developing, implementing and managing program metrics, evaluate program performance, and make recommendations to teams and management for improvements
- Fostering continuous improvement by the identification and escalation of organizational impediments
- Facilitating organizational learning via a variety of feedback loops and retrospective findings to foster continuous improvement
- Minimum 10 years of agile experience including lead roles within an agile team and within a scaled-agile environment
- Knowledge of agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) and change-management frameworks
- Experienced in lean-agile practices and one or more knowledge domains (technical, business, etc.) while having developed some professional coaching skills and a significant level of skill in facilitation and mentoring and/or training.
- Experience with lean portfolio management, leading value identification sessions, program/portfolio level events and training
- Experience coaching leaders through change
- Launching teams on short- and long-term project engagements, coaching the teams in vision creation, forecasting and self-organization.
- Create appropriate materials as required to support team learning (this may be in the form of awareness sessions, workshops or activities)
- Demonstrate a strong mastery of the agile methods and frameworks together with the flexibility to easily move from one technique to another depending on the context and the team’s ecosystem.
- Scrum master and/or product owner certifications desired
- Extended track record of delivering training in a manner than ensures knowledge transfer
- Excellent communication, facilitation and people-interaction skills
- SAFe SPC certification
- Experience with Rational Team Concert (RTC)
- Experience coaching software development teams and organizations
- Exposure to DevOps