Date Posted: 2019-10-18-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it.
As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow’s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The GATORWORKS Advanced Military Engine Programs (AMEP) organization is responsible for making sound business and program decisions to mature promising technologies for eventual transition into the next generation products.
The AMEP team is seeking a highly-motivated individual for the internship level of Program Integration Analyst position. This position is responsible for providing day to day support in various business/operations and program oriented activities. Those activities includes programs and proposal execution, creating new tools and processes that standardize business functions including best practices for creating collaborative work sites and program management business analytics.
Additional responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Partnering with functional organizations to foster positive relationships
- Support projects that pertain to senior management vision and division initiatives
- Build a solid relationship with the internal divisions such as Business Acquisition Center of Excellence organization, Finance, Contracts and teaming them on process improvement initiatives
- Assist in forecast planning for future business needs
- Support of program management functions; program planning, budgeting, monitoring and execution
- Assist business/operations group in the integration of customer proposals.
- Support team meetings and senior management reviews
- Assist developing proper reporting metrics for senior leadership.
- Interface with internal organizations to maintain task performance within approved cost and schedule constraints.
- Participate in other special projects as required
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts.
- You're in an accredited undergraduate degree program.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Operations Management, Finance, Program Management.
- Must be graduating between December 2020 - May 2021
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship.
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- A strong track record of demonstrated leadership and teaming skills
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Display a thorough understanding of process improvement methodology
- Candidate must be able to adapt to rapidly shifting priorities
- Must have a high level of attention to detail to ensure data accuracy prior reporting to management
- A desire to roll up their sleeves and act with urgency
- A willingness to challenge the status quo then propose and implement elegant and effective solutions
- An agile mindset –focus on the outcome, leverage an iterative approach, and display the flexibility to adapt to new information
- The experience and judgment to assess risk then balance action and analysis
- Clear and unwavering commitment to serving our Customers and achieving our Mission
- Use of SAP, Earned Value, and Primavera a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.