Come join our FCA Vehicle Demand Energy Team where we are committed to doing what is best for our customers. Be a part of a team filled with bright, resourceful, and determined employees who will lead FCA’s Vehicle Demand Energy development. The Vehicle Demand Energy team works on a variety of programs from early concept development through production launch. The main responsibilities of this role are focused on optimizing vehicle capabilities while meeting aggressive corporate greenhouse gas and fuel economy targets. Our goal is to make our vehicles more fuel efficient, lower emissions and more capable (payload, towing, capacity, etc.)
Daily activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure vehicle fuel economy and greenhouse gas targets are met.
- Provide recommendations to the Chief Engineer and Program team on how to efficiently reduce vehicle demand energy.
- Work closely with Powertrain Synthesis to gather data needed to run simulations and to deliver on fuel economy and emissions targets.
- Lead BICEEP teams to develop weight management strategies to meet vehicle functional objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited or equivalent program
- Five years of relevant automotive product development, system development, or powertrain experience
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to create and deliver presentation material to groups of varying sizes
- Experience analyzing data and formulating meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Master’s degree in Engineering or related field
- Experience with automotive competitive benchmarking
- Knowledge of Vehicle Demand Energy analysis or fuel economy testing
- Familiarity with FCA Engineering tools such as EBOM, CN, Teamcenter, STV, FastCar2, A2Mac, MatLab Suite, etc.
- Project management experience, including working on multiple simultaneous projects