Do you want to join one of the leading consulting companies, creating value for customers, people and societies world-wide? Can you add to our success, while also developing your career and reputation? And are you a Human resource professional? Then this could be the next step in your career!
JOIN OUR PEOPLE AND COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENTIn People and Communication, you will become part of COWI's Business Support. People and Communication numbers more than 130 skilled HR and communication specialists across the globe. We are dedicated to supporting our culture, telling our stories, building our brand, optimising our processes, and attracting, developing and retaining COWI's most important asset: Our people.
OPPORTUNITYWe are seeking a Human Resources Intern to join our team in North Vanouver, BC for a 4 or 8 month term.
Working closely with HRBPs, the incumbent will be providing confidential administrative and people-related support in the delivery of HR shared services, policies and programs across Canada and US as part of the company's growth and drive for organizational effectiveness.
On a day-to-day basis, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Provides confidential administrative support to the HR Department including filing, tracking, reporting and employment verifications;
- Enters and updates employee information in HRIS system ensuring data integrity across all systems and personnel files;
- Provides support during 'annual wheel' HR actions, programs and updates;
- Assists with employee onboarding tasks;
- Assists with administration of employee benefits;
- Organizes meetings, visits, calls and webinars and provides exceptional and professional coordination and support to involved groups and individuals including meeting minutes;
- Maintains HR portion of the Intranet;
- Supports monthly ACA reporting;
- Works cooperatively and effectively with other members of the North American shared HR function on various projects to ensure consistency of practices and alignment across regions;
- Coordinates HR bi-weekly team meetings, minutes and HR bi-weekly news communication;
- Assists with various HR projects and initiatives;
- Performs other HR related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS REQUIRED
- Enrolled in post-secondary education in Human Resources Management (Business degree preferred)
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment where multiple projects are in motion all times with the ability to display flexibility and adaptability to changing needs
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) including solid knowledge and previous experience using Microsoft Outlook
- Have great attention to detail with a strong sense of follow-up and follow-through
- Have superior organizational skills with an ability to prioritize effectively
- Have maturity and dependability with a high degree of patience and tact
- Able to work with people located remotely.