Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is currently seeing a Purchasing Finance – Commercial Savings Analyst to work at our Headquarters and Technical Center in Auburn Hills, MI.
What you’ll doThis position is responsible for:
- Part savings and part economics process by tracking and reporting the status and value against FCA targets.
- Assisting Commodity Managers and Purchasing Operations by helping them to achieve accurate savings and part economics calculations.
- Actively participating in the Technical Cost Reduction/Commercial Cost Management/Cost Savings Initiative (TCR/CCM/CSI) Savings Database for all material savings ideas to track, forecast and report the status and value against variable budget.
- Providing financial support to each commodity group (Chemical, Electrical, Metallic, and Powertrain) within Direct Purchasing.
- Reviewing the financial impacts of commercial savings ideas and credit buyer performance accordingly.
- Evaluating the financial impacts of piece price increases, purchase order requisitions, and simulator differentials.
- Performing month-end close and reconciling.
- Assisting in yearly Product Cost Study, and providing ad-hoc reporting as needed for all levels of management.
What you’ll learn
- Understand the role of Purchasing at FCA and how Purchasing performance is measured including: Incremental, PYA, Flow Through, Y/Y, Net Off Standard, Reclass, PCS Forecasting, budgeting, accounting close.
- Purchasing impact of vehicle costs.
What this role will prepare you for
- Reporting of Budget/Forecast/Actuals.Learning Purchase Requisitions/Orders and how the management of changes within them impacts FCA’s performance.
- Mastering Journal entries and systems.
- Supporting SOX controls, account reconciliations, contract management, and Internal Audit.
- Responsibility on Volume / Rate / Mix Analysis and Variance/Period-to-Period reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 18 months’ experience in Finance or Accounting
- Knowledge of accounting including JVs and month-end close
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter willing to work in a team environment.
- Change agent seeking continuous improvement with opportunity to become a leader in change.
- SAP experience