Are you interested in joining one of the leading consulting companies, creating value for customers, people and societies world-wide? If your answer is yes, COWI is here with an opportunity for you
Since 1930, COWI has pushed the boundaries of design through our involvement on major infrastructure projects worldwide. As part of COWI's Bridge, Tunnel and Marine Structures (BTM) business line, we manage our projects from offices located in the UK, Scandinavia, Germany, Middle East, India, SE Asia and North America.
COWI is recognised as a centre of excellence for quality, innovation and client’s first choice. Our philosophy of getting it ‘right first time’ in tandem with producing alternative designs to ensure safe, economic and sustainable solutions has firmly established COWI as a leader in its field. We want to be the best place to work. We promote a collaborative mind-set, work internationally and engage with our colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
Our vision is to create coherence in tomorrow's sustainable societies, and we are owned by a combination of our employees and COWIfonden – a foundation that invests our profits into research in support of our work.
BE PART OF AN INTERNATIONAL WORK ENVIRONMENTWe are committed for recruiting undergraduate students to join us over the summer periods for 6 – 8 weeks, to experience first-hand, what it's like to work on some of the most dramatic bridges in the world, major port and marine works and major tunnelling projects including metros, high speed rail and for the water industry.
There is also an opportunity to join our sponsorship programme at the end of a summer placement. Visit our careers page at www.cowi.com/careers for more information.
Our focus on technical excellence means you will learn from engineers who are leaders in their field specializing in solving complex engineering challenges so you will use your technical expertise to deliver the optimal solutions from day one.
From day one, you will be advising the organisations that build, own and maintain our critical infrastructure. Your work will connect communities, enable sustainable economic growth and help make the world a safer place.
MAINTAINING THE OVERVIEWAs a Summer Intern, you will report to the Senior / Principal Engineer and will be accountable for undertaking basic calculations of design work on marine design projects.
Here, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the sector's foremost engineers, developing your career on technically challenging projects and receive on-going professional development so that you achieve your career ambitions.
Our engineers support each other on their journey to Chartership through our professional development communities and we offer an accelerated career development programme, accelerator, for our highest-performing employees to tailor their professional development to the career path they choose.
Furthermore, your duties & responsibilities includes:
- Production of engineering design and details in accordance with project requirements.
- Preparation of calculations, written reports and checking of drawings.
- Checking of design calculations and drawings done by other engineers.
- Visits to site as required.
YOUR PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS CREATE VALUE
- You will be studying towards a Master's degree in Coastal / Marine Engineering and aspire to become a Chartered Engineer.
- Being familiar with either UK standards or equivalent European or Euro Codes would be desirable.
- An understanding of CDM Regulations, specifically the designers' requirements would be desirable.
- An understanding of the requirements regarding the risk assessment process would be desirable.
- You will have the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- You will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
COWI AS A WORKPLACEAt COWI, we offer exciting careers and emphasise personal development, accountability and independence in everything we do.
We maintain a great social environment and provide many opportunities to influence your own development through targeted training, coaching and knowledge sharing.
We want to help our people to be happy and healthy. We offer:
- 28 days holiday (plus bank and public holidays).
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Gym membership.
- Private health care.
- Life assurance (4 x salary).
- Pension scheme with generous employer contribution.
- Long service award of extra pension contributions paid for by the Company and one extra day's holiday after 5 years' service.
- Professional membership fees reimbursed.
- Employee ownership through COWI share programme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
INTERESTED?If you would like further information on the position, please contact:
Talent Acquisition Manager
Phone: +44 2079 407600
We look forward to receiving your CV and application before the [6 December 2019] deadline. Please note that we conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.