Amazon is a company of builders. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do — from the proprietary technologies we create to the new businesses we launch and grow. You’ll find it in every team across our company; from providing Earth’s biggest selection of products to developing ground-breaking software and devices that change entire industries, Amazon embraces invention and progressive thinking. Amazon is continually evolving; it’s a place where motivated employees thrive, and ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It’s as simple as this: we pioneer.
With every order made and parcel delivered, customer demand at Amazon is growing. And to meet this demand, and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we're growing our teams across Europe. Delivering hundreds of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, our Operations teams possess a wide range of skills and experience and this include software developers, data engineers, operations research scientists, and more.
About these internships:
Whatever your background, if you love seeing your developments help improve real life, if you have a passion for using technology to improve processes, if you enjoy solving operational challenges by creating state of the art systems, and if you’re motivated by results and driven enough to achieve them, Amazon is a great place to be. Because it’s only by coming up with new ideas and challenging the status quo that we can continue to be the most customer-centric company on Earth, we’re all about flexibility: we expect you to adapt to changes quickly and we encourage you to try new things.
Amazon is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic students to join our unique world as interns. An Amazon EU internship will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment; it will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to our activities.
As an intern in Software Development, you could join one of the following teams: Amazon Logistics, Transportation, Prime Now, Inventory Placement and more.
You will put your analytical and technical skills to the test and roll up your sleeves to complete a project that will contribute to improve the functionality and level of service that teams provides to our customers. This could include:
- Participating in building the most user-friendly Business Intelligence tools in the industry
- Taking part in the design of effective services to manage master data maintenance and replication in a distributed system
- Proposing ideas, participating in designing, implementing and testing solutions to help the business
- Meeting with the customers to learn about their needs and evaluate the proposed/implemented solution
- Partnering with the business analysis team to learn about the business-side requirements.
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can learn and help improve the experience for our customers.
- You are currently working towards a 2+ years university degree in computer science or a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You must have the right to work in the country you are applying for.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Knowledge in two or more programming languages (Ruby on Rails, Java, C#, C++, Python...).
- You are results-driven with analytical skills and the ability to innovate and simplify current processes and practices.
- You should have strong decision making skills, that use sound reasoning and when required use consultation to achieve consensus.
- The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd!
- Familiar with MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, RedShift
- Version Control using Git or Mercurial
- At ease with Linux
- Experience in testing (Unit, Integration)
- Agile development methodologies (SCRUM)
- Hardware architecture (Servers, redundancy, backups, performance analysis)
- Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
- The ability to develop models and tools through the use of high-level modeling languages.
- Previous work experience – a summer job, internship or full- time role; if it’s an experience in designing optimization models for inventory, network flows and other characteristics of
supply-chain systems (e.g., staff scheduling, vehicle routing, and facility location), accompanied by associated expertise in the use of tools and the latest technology or software development, even better.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.