Date Posted: 2020-02-10-08:00
Country: United States of America
Location: CABRA: Bradenton Florida 8985 Town Center Parkway, Bradenton, FL, 34202 USA
Carrier is a leading provider of HVAC, refrigeration, fire, security, and building automation technologies. These high-technology products and services enable modern life by delivering efficiency, safety, and security across several platforms.
Carrier has a summer internship opportunity for candidates interested in a career in Quality. The Carrier internship experience offers interns an environment that provides practical, challenging, and meaningful on-the-job work experience. Interns will also have the opportunity to apply knowledge and demonstrate strengths in an effort to assist Carrier in achieving its business strategy.
As a Carrier Quality Intern you will gain experience that includes, but is not limited to, the activities and tasks listed below:
- Work with suppliers, quality, sourcing and supply chain teams to collect and report data for Top Supplier Scorecards
- Manage supplier issues by issuing 8Ds and status reports. Establish communication with the suppliers and drive open 8Ds to be closed sooner.
- Communicate quality requirements, project timeline and expectations to suppliers ; I.e. ensure timely PPAP package submission from suppliers
- Train suppliers with quality management systems & tools ( PPAP, control plan, process flow map, PFEMA & Cpk)
- Review submitted PPAP packages and provide feedback to suppliers until PPAP is fully approved
Education / Certifications
- Must be pursuing a degree in engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 3.0 Cumulative GPA and completion of 30 credit hours.
Experience / Qualifications
- Highly energetic and success driven team player
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Self-directed and able to tackle new projects and ideas
- Effectively able to interact with technicians and other departments and suppliers
- Ability to persist and succeed with cross-cultural communication on technical issues
- Strong technical skills and analytical proficiency
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, and superior follow-up and follow-through skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.