Date Posted: 2020-02-07-08:00
Country: United States of America
Location: PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress. An instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and protect the world. So, together with our partners, we work with an explorer’s heart and a perfectionist’s grit to advance it. The magnitude of flight both humbles and motivates us. It demands vision and relentless attention to detail. It requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. And, empowered people willing to do the right thing in the best interest of our customers. Are you looking to work in a dynamic environment that possess the motivation and skills to incorporate new ideas into practice? Than this may be an opportunity for you.
We are looking for someone to join Pratt & Whitney’s Operations and Quality ITC organization at our East Hartford, CT location. This position will support Manufacturing Operations and Quality and Direct all aspects of ITC compliance and administration. The ideal person selected to join our team will have the opportunity to get wide exposure to Operations and Quality management, core ITC Legal team, and other organizations within P&W.
- Provide day to day export guidance to a diverse organization.
- Work closely with Operations, Quality, Engineering, and Core Legal ITC teams to provide guidance and resolve ITC issues.
- Identify compliance risks, conduct/assist audits and development of plans to eliminate/mitigate export risks.
- Lead/facilitate export investigations and DIVEs to ensure root cause is identified and sustained corrective action is put into place to drive down escapes.
- Ensure the export jurisdiction & classification determinations are recorded for all items, technology, & software, and export markings are fully applied.
- Support on-site ITC infrastructure including part-time ITC Focals and authorized users of export licenses and/or owners of such authorizations.
- Ensure the screening of suppliers, vendors, customers, & visitors is conducted per UTC and P&W policy.
- Assist sites in deploying standard work/written procedures for implementation of ITC control processes.
- Report potential ITC concerns consistent with Corporate Policy Manual section 20 requirements.
- Assist with ITC self-assessment process for the sites, including continuous improvement, validation, and audit. Drive RRCA & facilitate DIVEs as appropriate in coordination with Operations and Quality ITC. Actively drive open issues and corrective actions to closure.
- Actively support implementation and sustainment of a compliance program consistent with local (non-U.S.) trade compliance laws and regulations, as applicable, in addition to UTC and P&W policy.
- Represent Operations and Quality ITC as required, in ITC initiatives led by the ITC Legal organization and ensure that business unit needs and requirements are sufficiently addressed in these initiatives and process improvement projects.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
Travel requirement: 10%
Do you meet the Basic Qualifications?
- BA/BS degree
- 6 to 10+ years in leadership experience or MA/MS degree with 4 to 7+ years leadership experience
- Minimum of 2 years in International Trade Compliance experience (BAER/ITC Focal or prior full/part time ITC professional role)
- Must be a collaborative team player, possess multi-tasking abilities, have a client focus, be adaptive and work effectively in a time sensitive and dynamic environment
- Strong analytical, project management, problem-solving, interpersonal, leadership and verbal and written communication skills
- Professional maturity to work with minimal daily supervision while balancing numerous tasks and questions on ITC matters
- Demonstrated leadership competencies and ability to work proactively across groups and functions
- Advanced degree or J.D.
- Strong understanding of Import and Export Regulations in the US
- Experience with SAP/GTS
- Be able to work on several projects independently, without direct supervision.
- ACE Associate Certification is strongly preferred
- Proven effective utilization of ACE/Continuous improvement tools to drive process improvements
- ITC Focal JCL 2 with experience in export jurisdiction and classification and ability to advance to JCL 3
Inclusion Powers Innovation:We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to create a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Employee Resource Groups:The 9 ERGs have a collective mission of supporting P&W's recruitment, development and retention efforts through workshops, and events that promote personal/professional development, employee engagement, community involvement and business value.
- All ERGs are open to all UTC employees, participation is voluntary
- ERGs strive to provide short and long-term professional and personal benefits to their members
- There are many other employee organizations at P&W, often more recreational in nature (e.g. jazz band and bicycling club).
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.