Date Posted: 2020-02-12-08:00
Country: United States of America
Location: OT541: TFP - Florence, SC 1500 Otis Way, Florence, SC, 29501 USA
Internships at Otis are rewarding and challenging, providing you with the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop through meaningful projects that impact and drive our business. You will have the opportunity to work with leading professionals in our industry and you’ll be immersed in the Otis culture where we collaborate to best serve our customers; where we empower and inspire each other through support, autonomy and trust; and where we set big goals, rise to achieve them, and win as a team!
This IT internship position, in coordination with local staff and third party suppliers, supports, and maintains enhancements to the company’s technology base in accordance with business needs.
This position will be in charge of migration of applications from our existing Data Center to a new data center. Main skills required are .NET development, MS SQL Server education/experience, and basic project management skills.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Executes end Application migration steps
- Web Application turnover
- SQL Script execution
- Ticket maintenance
- Supports end user Testing efforts
- Responsible for technical diagrams and documentation
- Develop technical support documentation
- Guides and trains end users on technology
The schedule for this internship is between 15-40 hours/week and we seek students that are available to start immediately.
- Pursing a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems (2+years preferred) with minimum GPA of 3.0
- Understanding of MS (Windows, IIS) Server and Active Directory
- .Net development and Database maintenance
- Self-motivated, able to work independently yet within Corporate IT and regulatory guidelines.
- Highly developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task. Resourceful and quick learner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.