Date Posted: 2020-02-06-08:00
Country: United States of America
Location: PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
This position is for a Summer Internship within Pratt & Whitney’s Operational Commercial Engines (OCE) Program Office.
The OCE program office is responsible for all aspects associated with supporting over 4,000 engines operating in service across 100 global customers generating over $2B in aftermarket revenue annually. P&W commercial engine models include the JT8D, JT9D, PW2000, PW6000, and PW4000.
Summer intern will support program managers, fleet chiefs, and model managers in developing key processes to support OCE fleets. Candidate will also support execution of data analytics projects to identify fleet improvement opportunities. This is a good development opportunity to learn about the PW4000 program office, commercial engine business, and how to identify and develop processes that support the flying fleet.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Researching PW recent experiences, best practices, and lessons learned to develop Program Management Instructions (PMIs) for Master Test Cell Management, Program Tiger Team Execution and Repair Development Prioritization.
- Conduct data analytics projects for the OCE program team, including fleet time on wing analysis, fleet reliability analysis, shop turnaround time drivers, and others.
- Support 2021 annual waterline planning, including meeting with Engineering and Model Managers to finalize the projects and funding required.
- Lead Program Risk Matrix monthly reviews, including identification of program risks and potential mitigations.
- Coordinate with the Fleet Chiefs to prepare for FAA 21.3 quarterly reviews, including interfacing with Engineering and the Fleet Chiefs to finalize the presentation.
- Must be a US Person
- Must be enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
- Pursuing a degree in Engineering or Business
- Must be graduating between: May 2021 to May 2023
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your position
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- The OCE program team is looking for a self-starter that has strong analytical, data management, communication, and influencing skills.
- The candidate must be comfortable working in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in MS Access is desired, but not required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.