Date Posted: 2020-02-19-08:00
Country: United States of America
Location: CAN01: Carrier-Syracuse, NY 6304 Thompson Rd, Syracuse, NY, 13221 USA
Carrier has an opening for an experienced Computer Scientist or Software Engineer to serve as a vital member of the HVAC Design & Sales Software (HDSS) group. The HDSS group is responsible for developing and maintaining software-based tools to drive Carrier equipment and systems sales strategy. This includes ownership of Carrier Electronic Catalog Programs (E-CAT) and eDesign system design tools. These tools are employed by Carrier sales engineers and MEP design engineers to develop sustainable HVAC system solutions. This position is based in Syracuse, NY.
The candidate’s responsibilities including but not limited to include:
- Develop a new data management tool for Commercial HVAC engineering data
- Participate in Agile/Scrum software development process
- Analyze software requirements and create solutions for them
- Full lifecycle application development
- Design and develop web-based software applications and components in various software languages
- Code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, and system risk analysis
- Evaluating and identifying new technologies for use by the software development team
- Directing on-site and remote contracted development and testing resources
Education:The ideal candidate will be a at least a sophomore, junior or senior pursing a Bachelor`s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering with 1-3 years of similar co-op/intern or work experience. The candidate must have a 3.0 minimum GPA overall.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Proficiency with C# and ASP.Net
- Understanding of object-oriented design and analysis (OOD and OOA)
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, Entity Framework, SQL Server, and MongoDB
- Experience with software development principles and processes
- Familiarity with web-based tools and architecture
- Excellent verbal, writing, and presentation communication skills
- Ability to lead and work as part of multidisciplinary teams in a global environment
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.