Date Posted: 2020-02-14-08:00
Country: United States of America
Location: PW200: Bridgeport WV 1525 Midway Park Road, Bridgeport, WV, 26330 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow’s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The location for this internship is in Bridgeport, West Virginia at Pratt & Whitney Engine Services (PWES), an aftermarket overhaul & repair business unit. Site has approximately 350 full-time employees. PWES is seeking an intern for summer 2020. The goal of the Intern program is to enhance the student’s academic training, professional growth, and personal development.
Key projects & responsibilities:
- Assisting/gathering data for Test Reject Database
- Compiling trends/analysis of engineering inquiries for repair development
- Reviewing / revising inspection and repair instructions.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts.
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program.
- Fields of study: mechanical or aerospace engineering
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Applicants must have experience in multi-tasking, planning, organizing, and problem solving.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.