Date Posted: 2020-02-18-08:00
Country: United States of America
Location: OT999: 1CP - Farmington, CT One Carrier Place, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
Otis is seeking a Diversity and Inclusion Intern to cultivate a supportive and inclusive work environment for all our employees. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Global Diversity, the Diversity and Inclusion Intern will work across the enterprise implementing strategies and programs to advance diversity and inclusion across the enterprise. You will introduce new and creative methods to advance Otis diverse and inclusive workforce and workplace in an innovative and thoughtful manner to bring together people with different viewpoints, experiences and backgrounds to make better business decisions.
- Assist in the management of global D&I projects and initiatives; including introduction and support of new and innovative HR tools and practices
- Create governance for ERG’s through deployment of tools, processes, programs and initiatives
- Manage inclusion training initiatives aimed at increasing awareness and promoting an inclusive work environment across the organization
- Generate insights through information and analytics to guide actions; establish processes to monitor progress through clearly articulated, measurable goals and objectives.
- Create a formalized process for collecting, forecasting, analyzing & communicating D&I metrics
- Influence company policies that reinforce diversity in the workplace, address all kinds of harassment and protect minority groups and women
Education / Certifications
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in HR Management, Industrial Engineering or a similar field from an accredited institution.
- Must have completed two years of postsecondary education.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 required
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database programs like the Microsoft Suite
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Initiative to learn industry and project requirements
- Ability to collaborate efforts with team members and work in a team environment
- A Self Starter who has an ability to navigate projects and deadlines with limited directions or a roadmap.
Otis is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety, and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.