Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, the Disney SVOD service coming in 2019 -- alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DTCI aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
ABC News is an ambitious, mission-oriented team of journalists, technologists, and business specialists growing the marquee news brands within The Walt Disney Company. Reaching hundreds of millions of online news consumers each month, the digital group oversees multi-platform experiences for ABC News, FiveThirtyEight, and Good Morning America. The marketing team is responsible for growing the reach and deepening the engagement of the audience for these brands, with a particular focus on ABC News Live, the leading 24/7 streaming news and live event channel.
The Associate Manager, Marketing joins a collaborative team of marketing professionals supporting the digital brands in the ABC News portfolio.
- Proactively identify needed assets, contribute to creative briefs and work with creative and content teams to see them through to completion.
- In conjunction with the Marketing Manager, work alongside analytics and Audience Development to identify consumption trends and monitoring retention for ABC News Live (24/7 streaming service), across OTT platforms, SVOD, social, mobile, email and web.
- Work closely with Manager and Director to implement infrastructure to enable earned media capabilities across social media, synergy and OTT platforms.
- Sync with ABC News Live, FiveThirtyEight, ABC News and Good Morning America editorial teams to identify tentpole events.
- Create, monitor, traffic and track performance of ROS banners on FiveThirtyEight.com, ABCNews.com, GoodMorningAmerica.com and the GMA Wake-Up Newsletter.
- Manage the relationship with the Ad Technology group to flight, track, and report on owned house and DAI promos running on ABC News Live.
- Audit Third Party Digital Distribution platforms, owned platforms and products, ensuring all artwork, logos, promos etc. are up-to-date.
- Fulfill product requests for app store placements, ABC News app or owned sites ensuring brand accuracy.
- Ownership of GMA Wake-Up Newsletter acquisition and reporting; managing the CRM relationship for both the newsletter and email marketing content deployments.
- Assist in managing ABC News & GMA Always on Search optimizations alongside any paid marketing across ABC News Live and Good Morning America digital products.
- Manage digital budget tracking and monitoring.
- Track marketing premiums inventory.
- Develop marketing campaigns around monthly spotlights, social and digital content – seeing through from ideation to final campaign reporting.
- Assist in onboarding Third Party Digital distribution partners (Roku, Hulu, Xumo etc.) ensuring appropriate brand-safe logos and artwork are delivered and are according to partner spec.
- Partner closely internal analytics teams to assist in providing monthly reporting on marketing campaigns.
- Minimum 2-3 years of multi-platform marketing experience
- Detail oriented and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven proficiency with social platforms
- Understanding of marketing analytics and digital KPIs
- Ability to multitask and project manage in a high-volume department
- Possess great organizational skills and an excellent track record for following through on projects and creating new opportunities
- Experience in the OTT space
- A strong understand for an interest in news media
- Experience with Google Ad Manager
- BA degree